Fourth dolphin grey A2 in Dundee

Robin_Cox

Spotted another dolphin 04 1.4tdi at the Lochee Lidl this lunchtime when I was there in the A6. Dolphin grey, 5-spoke possibly TT or fat 5 alloys, Heko deflectors. Thought it was Luke's Lyra until I remembered his plates and it didn't have his wee sharkfins on either. I've obviously got my one, there was another one (no Hekos, standard wheels, I think 05 plate) I saw a few months ago in another retail park here, and then there was a different one in the same Lidl last summer that had 15" pepperpots with I think lowered or sport suspension and sunshades in the back windows. I'm serious when I say that there are a lot of non A2oc A2s in Dundee - there are 4 in my village outside Dundee alone (granted, 3 of them are mine!).

Spotted another dolphin 04 1.4tdi at the Lochee Lidl this lunchtime when I was there in the A6. Dolphin grey, 5-spoke possibly TT or fat 5 alloys, Heko deflectors. Thought it was Luke's Lyra until I remembered his plates and it didn't have his wee sharkfins on either. I've obviously got my one, there was another one (no Hekos, standard wheels, I think 05 plate) I saw a few months ago in another retail park here, and then there was a different one in the same Lidl last summer that had 15" pepperpots with I think lowered or sport suspension and sunshades in the back windows. I'm serious when I say that there are a lot of non A2oc A2s in Dundee - there are 4 in my village outside Dundee alone (granted, 3 of them are mine!).
Hi Robin just noticed this post...the a2 with pepperpots didn't have centre caps with a red ring on them by any chance? :)

The Dolphin grey with pepperpots may well have been me passing through the area, I do have sunshades in the back and the car does seem to sit slightly low though standard set up I believe.

Ah ok another lowered a2 with pepperpots and sun shades in the back that goes to Dundee!

Couldn't tell you if there was a red ring on the wheels - I'm not that much of a spotter (!). I had a massive doubletake - there is a large concrete wall on one side of the carpark that I park behind in summertime to be in the shade. When I got back to my car - it was only as I started reversing out of the space that I realised what had been disturbing me as I was approaching the car but hadn't rationalised - that there were two dolphin grey A2s a space apart parked in the same shadow!

We were in Dundee last week, Dolphin Grey, A1 Rotors, Hekos and rear blinds!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Just set off on a 440 mile round trip to St Andrews from South Cumbria . Mrs driving I hasten to add ! Will be looking out for any A2 Drivers on the way ! Daytona Grey A6 Avant Black Edition if you see us flashing and waving.

Just set off on a 440 mile round trip to St Andrews from South Cumbria . Mrs driving I hasten to add ! Will be looking out for any A2 Drivers on the way ! Daytona Grey A6 Avant Black Edition if you see us flashing and waving.
Disappointed Guys ! Did not see a single A2 all the way from home, South of Kendal, to St Andrews and back today ! 440 Miles not one A2. It wasn’t a joy ride. The trip was to pick up my Uncle & Aunty to take them to my Mothers Funeral tomorrow.

Same trip again on Sunday. South Lakes to St Andrews and back to take my Uncle & Aunty home. We’ll be looking out for all you A2 Drivers all the way !

I was travelling in my Dolphin Grey through Dundee yesterday and overtook another Dolphin Grey on 16 inch alloys, friendly A2 appreciation waves exchanged then on the same journey another A2 in silver on the new Aberdeen bypass :D

Was it you that overtook me 2 days ago going up the hill on the first bit of the Kingsway? - 15" Pepperpots ? Surprised the hell out of me because I looked in my mirror to overtake a van and "my" car was coming past (my eyes told me - to begin with!)...

Hi yep that was me! I did a double take too as I saw another Dolphin Grey ahead of me, nice looking car ;)

You were going too quickly to see the matte handprints in the lacquer layer! .. the next day I went to my MOT place - there was another dolphin grey A2 (I know the owner from last year) there, directly after going past a silver A2 parked around the corner. Bearing in mind Luke's Lyra, that means I know of 5 dolphin cars in the Dundee area, let alone yours further southwest..

Ah the handprints in the lacquer, I had that on my previous silver A2. Bilt Hamber wash, Bilt Hamber clay bar, Autoglym Super resin polish and seemed to magic them away, for a while...

I can clearly buy all of those things .. it's what you do with them that counts (and the sequence). You also didn't see the marks on doors and bonnet where someone clearly decided to sand an imperfection down smooth with 200 grit at most and the other one "corrected" with a car key (clearly a very narrow imperfection 2-foot long across the bonnet). But.. this is my every day car so I will get onto it eventually, but doing the bigger proportion of fettling on the other A2s at the moment (so that we continue to have a working car for my other half's commute, and I have a spare when I get onto the important stuff with my everyday).

I saw the same Dolphin Grey 1.4Tdi today at Dundee Tesco Riverside mid afternoon. I've definitely seen this one before, but I don't know where barring locally. VU04MKD - Hekos, 5 spoke 15 or 16 inch wheels.

Anyone?

Back