Front bump stops

simufly

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
There seems to be a world shortage of Audi bump stops! All the alternatives seem out of stock and non of the usual suspects GSF,ECP etc cannot help.
Anyone help with a source or OE equivalent for 8Z0412301 please.

I seem to remember having a problem getting the front orange sport bump stops a couple of years back Simon so can understand your frustrations. I've just bought a set of Febi rear spring seats just in case they become scarce. Not sure if Febi make the front stops.🤞

Last edited:
I seem to remember having a problem getting the front orange sport bump stops a couple of years back Simon so can understand your frustrations. I've just bought a set of Febi rear spring seats just in case they become scarce. Not sure if Febi make the front stops.🤞
Yes they do but nobody has any stock!

There seems to be a world shortage of Audi bump stops! All the alternatives seem out of stock and non of the usual suspects GSF,ECP etc cannot help.

I have a pair of Topran 65mm front bump stops, entirely correct for the Audi A2 sport suspension, unused and still sealed. These are not easily available from UK suppliers.

PM me if they're of interest, Simon.

Rather than quoting a part number, it's best to state clearly what length bump stop you need. Then you can look at what options are actually available.

It's probably worth pointing out that Audi (who bought their bump stops in) changed the various stop lengths more than once in the A2s lifetime, either for improved handling, or for economic reasons, i.e. they were significantly cheaper.

Unless a fully loaded car is already sitting on the bump stops, they play no part in setting the height of the car, which is entirely down to the springs. Shorter bump stops mean longer suspension travel, which may or may not suit your individual preference.

Unless you're favouring the shortest or longest bump stops possible, a 10 mm difference in length is unlikely to provide any detectable change in handling characteristics.

The problem with the standard A2 set ups is that the shock absorbers don't really provide enough shock absorption, even when new, and too much shock is loaded onto the springs as a consequence. I have now upgraded from Bilstein B4 to Bilstein B6 shocks and the difference really is night and day. Despite the expense, I really wouldn't switch back. Incidentally, the B6 front shocks have built in bump stops, which is why I no longer have any need of the stops I've offered here.

hi there, this will give you a good insight as to what's happening today
I used the Sachs 900 104 kit (85mm buffers) for my fsi sport. fitted perfectly.
looking at your profile you will need Sachs 900 136 kit (70mm buffers) for your 1.4 petrol 8Z0412301 the bump stop is actually 74mm.
hope this is of some help.

6N0412303A from the standard ride height VW Polo MK4
36N0412303Arubber stop for
shock absorber
2PR-G09,G10

Topran 110 469 front bump stop with a 65mm height matching 6N0412303A
1669682386844.png

Back