front floor carpet with holes, back floor with studs?

jlee12

Hi all,

Ive just bought an 03 1.6 FSI and was wondering what should be here.
In the front its carpet with 2 holes in each well. Looks as though plastic plugs should be here but at the moment its missing something which keeps the carpets in place.

In the back are a pair of plastic studs sticking out from the carpet. looks like somthing else should have been here as well.

any thoughts?

cheers
Joseph

rears have studs to accept mats be it rubber or cloth,fronts are the same.
sounds like you have mats in the front but no carpet?:p

cool, thanks for that. yeah front is a bit of a mystery at hte moment. carpets def there but with just holes in them!

hi i reckon the pieces that are meant to hold the mats in place have come apart and been lost or thrown away.I'm sure they are available as a spare part but i cant help with that--- but I'm sure others can. they are 2 pieces that clip together to form a "nipple".
hope this helps cheers mike

there are plastic nipples which click onto the black part on the floor and provide a fastening for mats.

In other words, you're missing parts. I don't have the part number to hand, I need at least one of these myself, too :)

Bret

EDIT: these hold the carpet to the floor. If they're missing, I'd really make sure everything is kosher in the secret compartments!

thanks bret,

what would typically lead to it not being kosher? any reasons why ppl would want to go down there?

or is there anything i should be looking for which may not be there?

thanks
Joseph

Hi Joseph,

The other thing to note about unsecured car mats is if they move under the pedals and block them, or stop them moving fully. This happened to me on my MX-5 and is was less than pleasant!! The dealer had forgotten to put in the little fixing bracket (a bit like the nipples on the A2 mats), and the mat had slid forward under the brake pedal. Luckily I could reach down and pull the mat back and I was OK, but it could have been a lot worse. On the drivers mat some sort of fixing is a safety device and is not just for neatness.

Cheers,

David

Also missing the front carpet pegs, so if anyone knows the part number?

Another question, just aquired my A2 and at 50k the carpets look pristine and no evidence of there ever being any rubber mats. In previous cars the carpet by now would have been showing wear. Is it because A2 carpets are amazing quality or are they new carpets? Also do people recommend mats?

I always use mats partly because of work and dog walking situations sometimes leaving me with muddy shoes etc. I ahve used halfords mats for the past 4 years and they are just in need of replacing. They are 'size 2' out of their top range and by co-incidence also fitted my Zt for which they were originally bought. They look as good as Audi OE fit but probably cost a lot less..... they are also a perfect colour match for my grey carpet. and no I have no link with halfords other than as a satisfied customer.

I always use mats partly because of work and dog walking situations sometimes leaving me with muddy shoes etc. I ahve used halfords mats for the past 4 years and they are just in need of replacing. They are 'size 2' out of their top range and by co-incidence also fitted my Zt for which they were originally bought. They look as good as Audi OE fit but probably cost a lot less..... they are also a perfect colour match for my grey carpet. and no I have no link with halfords other than as a satisfied customer.

Just went on Halfords site - with or without rubber? (sounded more like a fetish site!!) http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...eId=10001&catalogId=10151&langId=-1&x=32&y=10

Adrian,which ones did you choose????

They are the 'Improved Fit' range at £39.99, at the moment they are only showing up as 'black' on thier website but i am sure they are still available in grey. They are all carpet with a reinforced heel section on the drivers mat. annoyingly they were on offere afew weeks ago at half price.......

They are the 'Improved Fit' range at £39.99, at the moment they are only showing up as 'black' on thier website but i am sure they are still available in grey. They are all carpet with a reinforced heel section on the drivers mat. annoyingly they were on offere afew weeks ago at half price.......

Sorry to be a pain Adrian but which shape as they do shapes 1 to 5 and I am not familiar with the shape of the A2 yet and 'someone' has borrowed the car today!

You need shape 2 (how appropriate!) however there is a fittings list instore and i think online to double check. They also clean up well, whenever i hire a carpet cleaner for the house i usually give them a once over.

they also respond well to an overnight in the lake, followed by scrubbing with a real brush. The main carpets are a pain to do liek this as the rear ones float and need around 20kg to make them sink.

Bret

What in these shoes???

Being new to sourcing Audi parts can anyone tell me the part number and the best place to get the plastic lugs that secure the front carpets?

It's quite urgent because my better half went to work in 'Vespa' today and 5 mins later I get a panic call saying she is broken down in a layby beacause the clutch pedal had stayed down and would not come up, although it had now returned to its correct position, but said it had been really scary and she was not going to drive it. Of course that means I have to go out and help. Upon my arrival at the scene the clutch was working fine, but I had a quick look at the slave/master cylinder to see if there were any obvious signs of trouble and all appeared OK - The emissions control light had come on but I cannot see how that would be related and anyway, it went out once I restarted the car. A bit more investigating I noticed that the carpet was pushed up underneath the pedals, but more under the accelerator pedal than the clutch.

So the question is, are A2's prone to sticky clutch cylinders (Car done 50K) or is it a case of stilletoes pushing the carpet up - hence the need for the plastic lugs

Second request

Being new to sourcing Audi parts can anyone tell me the part number and the best place to get the plastic lugs that secure the front carpets?

Back