Front seat removal...help!

Mbzpar

Trying to replace my front seats with some beautiful leather ones. Have taken the plastic ends off the runners but am struggling massively to remove the securing bolts to release the seats. Thought it was a simple torx 40. Any suggestions on removing stubborn bolts and optimal tool greatly appreciated. Paul

Trying to replace my front seats with some beautiful leather ones. Have taken the plastic ends off the runners but am struggling massively to remove the securing bolts to release the seats. Thought it was a simple torx 40. Any suggestions on removing stubborn bolts and optimal tool greatly appreciated. Paul

Hi Paul,

The front seats are held in with XZN M8 bolts. Don't use a Torx bit as you risk stripping the teeth.

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks Tom. Do I need to get a m8 screwdriver head to remove?

Hope you are feeling better my friend. Hope to see you on your next round UK road trip.

Paul

it's an XZN., and yes, you will need the specific driver. Don't forget there are airbags so 10 min with the battery disconnected before working is a good idea.

- Bret

Halfords is your friend - they do a set of M4, M6, M8, M10 & M12 bits with a 3/8ths holder in a little tin box for about £12. That has been all I've needed to get plenty of seats in and out of my car and others.

Halfords is your friend - they do a set of M4, M6, M8, M10 & M12 bits with a 3/8ths holder in a little tin box for about £12. That has been all I've needed to get plenty of seats in and out of my car and others.

I have that exact set it’s come in handy many a time ??

Thanks folks, got the right tools with your help and a simple job to swap the seats over. Delighted with the cream leather seats now in. Thanks again. Paul

Really, I am originally from Wrexham so went for A2 WXH sadly A2WXM was already taken...was that you proghound?
Not guilty :D WXN is as close as I can get to my surname - Weston - in 3 letters. I might look at another one for the 2nd A2 I should be picking up very soon.

Could you point me in the right direction for these? Thanks

Back