Front Silent Block Bush Arrangement

Bumblebee

My new silent block bushes have arrived and are in the three component parts you expect, but I was of the thinking that the outer washers should fit inside the central tube of the main bush.

I have looked on line to see how these actually look when physically installed on the wishbone or are my parts not 100% correct as the outer washers / spacers should fit flush inside the ends?

Thanks in advance

IMG_20221026_124232.jpg

Well I am most surprised that no one can assist me with the install of these and whether the outer washers / spacers are meant to be put in the fridge first and they will be an easier push fit?

I have found from another thread the spacing distances for assembly of the wishbone and suspension bracket for petrol engines, which is great, but really would love to know whether they are a compress fit during install or need to be partially assembled first?

I am working on the car this weekend and would hugely appreciate any help in putting these in correctly and how to get the right clearances etc.

Many thanks in advance

hi there i've never done the job but, i always work with this platform https://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/audi+a2/a2/2002-248/4/407-407010/
hope this helps
Thanks Steve. I have the 7Zap links and its a go to for parts numbers and exploded relationship diagrams, but it doesn't show how the spacer washers are fitted without compressing beyond the recommended clearances as per the attached detail from the manual I found in another thread.

Its unclear as to how the tolerances are achieved during assembly. I think dimension 'b' is achieved by the spacer washer being fitted fully home as the inner sleeve is slightly proud of the outer sleeve / bush and appears to be around 1.5-2mm by eye.

It may be that when the outer end washers / spacers are seated down fully that the dimensions are achieved due to the bush inner sleeve, but just want to be doubly sure before I start to strip etc.

It feels like I am just asking an idiot question now????

Cheers

Wayne
Bush clearance.png

hi i think the manual description is for checking gaps on new arms, they don't seem to advise on retro fitting new bushes.
regards steve

hi i think the manual description is for checking gaps on new arms, they don't seem to advise on retro fitting new bushes.
regards steve
Thanks Steve... That probably stops the hunt and looking for something that doesn't exist!

The outer spacers do appear to be a 'very' conflict fit, so that's the bit I am struggling with as they don't push in like an outer spacer would, and don't want to muck things up!

Back