Fuelling the car: Is there a knack to stowing the fuel cap?

dj_efk

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
Hi all,

In all the VAG cars I've ever put fuel in, there was a stand provided to put the fuel cap on, usually located on the inside of the filler flap, to keep it out of the way and not spill drops of fuel on the car's paintwork: On my A2 there is no such stand that I can see - what am I missing?

I refuse to accept that the clever A2 was not designed without thought to this.

Thanks!

Hi all,

In all the VAG cars I've ever put fuel in, there was a stand provided to put the fuel cap on, usually located on the inside of the filler flap, to keep it out of the way and not spill drops of fuel on the car's paintwork: On my A2 there is no such stand that I can see - what am I missing?

I refuse to accept that the clever A2 was not designed without thought to this.

Thanks!
Your answer last year from a well known man in Lancaster.

image.jpeg

Andy

Thanks - I was looking for a stand on the hinge mechanism and never thought to examine the cap itself - duh!

For those that do not have a users manual ( get one ) here is the quick reference guide to the A2..

Attachments

• a2_quick_reference_guide.pdf
    330.7 KB · Views: 350
Every day is a school day on this forum, audifan most of us have the handbook/manual but us guys "never read the instructions" but i guess the gals who own A2s out there know this as i am for ever being told off in my house for not reading the instructions on anything or any handbook and knowledge is power as they say.

Last edited:
Back