G200 sensor basic settings

raveboy

Hi guys,

I have just replaced the G200 Lat Accel sensor on my 2001 A2 but it still showing as faulty. I think I need to run basic settings on it but my VCDS-lite is not registered so I can't access it. Is there anyone nearish to Andover that I could kindly ask to plug in and reset it for me. Don't mind driving to someone after work.

Cheers chaps
:) Raveboy

For reference, calibration of the G200 accel sensor simply requires the car to be on level ground and the sensor zeroed using VagCom (reading is 0.00 m/sec2)

Cheers Spike

I have changed the G200 sensor and with the help of Captain059 (Herve) we tried to reset it today using Vagcom. However we were unable to enter the figures in the basic settings in relation to the G200 sensor as they were greyed out. The reading was -0.12 and was green text.

Can someone please advise further instruction as to how to change the figure to 0 (zero)

We went Right hand side menu block then, Basic Settings>ABS> then we were presented with 4 options the 3rd one down on the drop list was G200 Lateral movement sensor.

It was at this point we were unable to change the figure.

Do I need to go in the left hand side block and change it through the measuring Blocks tab?

You don't have to change the value to zero it. You have to activate the Basic Setting to tell the ABS what the sensor is reading at that moment means zero. The action of activating "zeros" it.

Before you can perform the Basic Setting you have needed to login into the ABS unit first so that it will accept changes. Select Login-11 and enter the unlock number (which is helpfully prompted on the screen). Then go to Basic Settings and select Group 063. When you click "GO" that starts the Basic Setting. I think after that there is something else to click and then the display says "OK" if its happy, "ERROR" if it doesn't think the sensor is working.

The key thing is unlocking the controller for updates, it won't work if you haven't done that. If you have unlocked the controller, switch off and back on again before doing anything else, it sometimes doesn't like other interactions afterwards.

regards

Andrew

Bad choice of words on my previous post (3) It's a long time ago when I changed the combined yaw / accel sensor so don't recall the full procedure.
At the time I'm sure the sensor was common to the TT, and possibly several other VAG models so this VCDS procedure may be relevent

Cheers Spike

Back