G65 sensor removal

SpdyHS

Hi everyone,

I have only one fault code left in my A2, and it regards the G65 sensor. I have bought a replacement, but now comes the hard part. It is located in front of the radiator, and it is really narrow to get there with a wrench. How do I reach it without taking off the front bumper? Is it even possible?

Audi instructions are to remove the bumper. The G65 is located at front top right of the condenser, looking from the front. You should be able to replace it without a refill - there should be a valve underneath that shuts on removal.

RAB

Have a look at my post in this thread, I managed to change it without removing the bumper, unfortunately I didn't take any photos:

Just be aware (if it is like one of mine) that it might be corroded in situ, so make sure that you can get it to turn without twisting the wee spur off the condenser. Best of luck.

Incidentally - is the valve and threaded bit the sensor screws onto replaceable by someone who is a qualified a/c pipework engineer?

From memory, I used a (long?) socket with a long extension and U/J. If you don't use the latter, there may not be enough room for a torque wrench. Torque is 5Nm. Support the connection with a spanner.

RAB

Hi
I change that sensor recently, wthout removing the front bumper. But i had to buy these:
_20191113_203350.JPG

Out of my memory (which is hmm) i used a 3/8-to-1/4 reducer, and then various 1/4 extension shafts, and possible also a universal joint. It was tight but not really superdifficult. Good luck.

Out of my memory (which is hmm) i used a 3/8-to-1/4 reducer, and then various 1/4 extension shafts, and possible also a universal joint. It was tight but not really superdifficult. Good luck.
It worked perfectly! Thank you for saving me hours of work.

Back