Gearbox..

lvsghost

Hi folks,

Lyra went in for a new clutch today but I've came away with some concerns..

the mechanic reckons my gearbox is on its way out, now I've never really had an issue getting the car into gear I've had the odd struggle getting into first but he said today it's crunching going into third... I've just driven it home from the garage and had zero crunching so I'm not sure how much I believe him.

has anyone had the same issue? Lyra is a 1.4TDi 75 (BHC if I remember correctly.)

Thanks again Luke

audifan

A2OC Donor
You may want to reset the selector cables . As you have no crunching, then just monitor it to see if it does appear.

damadgeruk

A2OC Donor
Synchro is known to fail on third which first shows if doing fast up changes (in my experience). This is often slow to progress to failure, particularly if you use some mechanical sympathy and change gear slower.

Howey

Synchro is known to fail on third which first shows if doing fast up changes (in my experience). This is often slow to progress to failure, particularly if you use some mechanical sympathy and change gear slower.
Thats so weird! Only yesterday i crunched going into third put it down to clutch not fully down as couldnt recreate but not been far at all this week! Think i read on here a later vag box was made stronger and a direct fit for the A2 or am i dreaming....