Good morning from North Yorkshire

Hi there, I have just bought a 55 plate tdi and have joined the club to find out more about these wonderful little cars, regards Simon.
Good morning and welcome.

Congratulations on your purchase.

There is a lot of information on here that you can find most easily by using Google and putting 'A2OC' followed by the subject in the search box.

However, there are lots of clued up members who regularly visit the forum so you can ask for advice and be sure that someone will be able to provide the answer fairly soon even if a search doesn't.

It's traditional to post a couple of photos of your A2, which is a sure way to start a conversation.

Enjoy the club and, most of all, your A2.

P. S. There are several Facebook pages relating to A2s if you're into social media. My best advice is to avoid them. Most of the people who frequent them have little knowledge but appear to have bought an A2 as a step up from a BMX bike on the way to dreaming about an S3 and becoming a gangsta!

Last edited:
Welcome along
Ask away if you need anything specific that you can’t find via a search
I do lots of refurbished and remanufactured parts for the A2 should you need anything
In particular door check straps (clicking noise when opening doors and not holding a part opened door in position) and wiper arms (wear to pivots resulting in wiper arm touching the glass near bottom of screen)
Look under Depronman Services for the full list
You should also consider upgrading your membership to have access to the marketplace This is a one of £2 and likely the beat £2 you will spend on your A2
We have a few sympathetic breakers in the membership who break end of life A2’s and therefore provide the rest of us with a source of parts at much. Wetter than eBay prices plus there is also some one have a garage / shed clear out

Cheer. Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from me too.

If you haven't already done so, it's worth upgrading your membership (which costs £2). Then you'll be able to access the market section of the site, with all those bits and pieces you need, or to post a 'wanted' ad.

Welcome, be warned they are addictive, one is never enough :). Where in N. Yorks are you? We are often in Skipton so maybe our paths will cross.
As others have said photos are always nice for other members to see.

Hi there,Thanks all, I live near Malton, and have bought a car that needs a bit of attention, ie back bumper and front bumper brakes etc, so an ongoing project, car has a knock passenger side front when i set off so will have to look at that too,it will keep me busy. Thanks for the welcome. Simon.

All the best bushes and drop links or the most likely for the knock. Both very common issues and easily fixed and at not much expense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back