Good TV programs at Iplayer?

Joga

A2OC Donor
Forgive me if this far far off the A2 topic.
If I would get the chance to use BBCs Iplayer, what would you recommend to watch?
Asking as I have no clue what is good, since very seldom visiting uk.

What to watch is down to personal taste. What I would do once you are in the UK (I think iPlayer is blocked abroad) is go to iPlayer website https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer and then click on Categories and choose one of interest.

iplayer.jpg

Once on the Category page (Science and Engineering shown above - just the top part) the order is the BBC's choice - i.e. what they want to promote) , Alternatively click on Featured and change to Most Recent or A-Z. Some programs are only available for x days (used to be 90 days I think) but others can be from 20 years or more ago.

Alternatively, use the search box to type in a topic of interest.

Alternatively, Channels shows the programs according to the BBC terrestrial channels. BBC 1 is light entertainment for the masses ;) , BBC is less mainstream, BBC 3 I can't say as never watch it! and BBC 4 is meant to be a bit more serious but I find it too light now. Long gone are the days of serious documentaries - now they are all rapid camera shots, booming sound effects and GCI :(

Note that due to copyright, iPlayer tends to show only the BBC's own content. I will rarely show content made by others (e.g. films).

This is the Relaxation room, a subject as far off the A2 topic as you like is fine here ?

For drama, we greatly enjoyed binge-watching Last Tango in Halifax, and found Killing Eve strangely addictive. In non-fiction, if Repair Shop is there, that's a very soul-warming program.

Killing eve oh god that was so addictive I hadn’t watched before but binged watched the whole lot ? and yes repair shop warms the soul as Ian has said some great talents repairing Peoples prized broken possessions and much more ...some heart warming stories .

Ah yes, killing eve has been on swedish TV aswell, great serie. Same for last Tango. Really like those.
Will take a look at repair shop when I get an opportunity, thanks alot.

The best recent things I have seen are:

Roadkill
Us

I also like:

The thick of it
Inside number 9

Lots of good things on there but need to give them a chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All three series of "The Bridge" Scandinavian Noir drama. Watch in the original order, ie 1, 2, 3.
Subtitled, so requires concentration, but we'll worth it, imo.
Mac.

Mystery Road - Australian aboriginal detective drama - 2 series and 2 films. Main character is really gruff and the scenery is fantastic.

Back