Guidance

HuddsA2

Hi all,

My A2 ('54 TDI90, 150k) has been off the road for a while as it was juddering under acceleration and idling. The juddering disappears when the clutch is down, so I think the DMF needs replacing. Hopefully I've saved enough pennies to get the work done now!

I'm using this thread (https://www.a2oc.net/community/index.php?threads/a2-1-4-tdi-90ps-atl-clutch-and-dmf-change.21338/) as a guide to the parts needed, but I was hoping to get your guidance on any other things to get done at the same time.

On the optional list are:
Slave cylinder for the clutch (LUK 511 0100 10)
Water pump and timing belt set (SKF VKMC 01250-2)
Oil pump chain and tensioners (FEBI BILSTEIN Timing Chain Kit 32266)

I don't think any of these have been done yet, so some are perhaps well overdue. Are these worth doing together? Should I be considering anything else as well?
Thanks in advance!
Jan

Hi there. I wouldn't treat those items as optional. There is no sense not doing these parts when the engine is stripped down for the DMF. I had this job done in 2014. There's a thread on the forum about it. I regret not doing the gear chain and tensioner at the time but I wasn't aware of the potential weakness. It'll get done later this year along with another timing belt. 5 years goes by quickly. Only some 24k miles in that time right enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tsu
Back