Has everyone switched back to summer tyres yet ?

Didn't move from my conti sport contact 5's. They perform well in summer/rain and snow.
Not as good as snow tyres i agree but a very good all rounder. And no hassle swapping wheels/tyres over.

Not yet though I'm in Scotland, we've had snow in June, though we've currently got temperatures in excess of our typical summer. ?

Unless there is any serious deterioration (and I know we've had snow at Easter before near Dundee) I'm swapping back at the beginning of March - the other day it was 13 degrees here indicated, and in conditions like these the braking feels squidgier than on the Rainsports although down around zero they feel very similar to Rainsports through the summer. Made the mistake of leaving the winters on my Yeti until late May a few years back owing to being too busy to do the switch and wore them down badly on the front outer shoulders - although the A2s do seem to be much lighter on tyres than the Yeti was.

Well I’ve just put on these Nokian weatherproof all year round only slightly more noisy than the last Kumho winter but good so far will keep an update ..

Attachments

• 3681516A-D40A-4520-8C6F-BA9DF6697BC8.jpeg
    3681516A-D40A-4520-8C6F-BA9DF6697BC8.jpeg
    671.7 KB · Views: 217
Well I’ve just put on these Nokian weatherproof all year round only slightly more noisy than the last Kumho winter but good so far will keep an update ..
I put these exact tyres on the Citigo used by the older daughter - although they look a bit chubbier in the sidewall than the Eco tyres that were on the car to begin with (which were utterly useless in slush / snow here last spring) they drove well through the winter even though they're around half the price of Michelin Crossclimates. Have got Nokians on the big Audi as well and they have been excellent, particularly in wet weather.

Thats what led me to get them robin we live on the levels lots of water and mucky roads but nice to hear your pleased with them thankyou for that ..also best in rolling resistance test ..so eco Paul

not allowed to and anyway, it's supposed to be -15 tomorrow. Directly after Easter they'll go on, which is mid-April. Not allowed to keep them on much past that anyway.

- Bret

Not Quite yet, I'm more North than most of you. Running an Up GTI when it's nice now though so not eating through the silicone tyres so quickly.
The way the weather is going I will just convert to all seasons next time

I never put them on: my spare pepperpots are sitting in the garage with the un-mounted snow tyres sitting next to them!

Back