Head work.

Chiefmechanic

4F60905C-C56F-49FA-80DC-E8F9D323771A.jpeg

Replacing the head on my tdi90 that snapped the timing belt. Should I be overly worried about the camshaft lower shells in this picture.
8FBA2546-2897-496C-9005-6653177C7618.jpeg

How do I get the injector out of the head. It’s seems really tight.
568BC4A2-4974-4D36-BE1E-3444C993BB9D.jpeg

How do I detach this electric plug

View attachment 56106
Replacing the head on my tdi90 that snapped the timing belt. Should I be overly worried about the camshaft lower shells in this picture.
View attachment 56107
How do I get the injector out of the head. It’s seems really tight.
View attachment 56108
How do I detach this electric plug
Hi chief mechanic,
My bearing shells were exactly the same so I replaced all of them as 204,000 miles I think they have worn well, they appear to be an electroplated coating rather than the white metal I was expecting.
Plug just pulls off by squeezing the two wing bits that stick out , rock sideways as you pull on it carefully.
the injector will pull out once you remove the bolt, again move injector in its seat by applying a twisting motion with a large flat bladed screwdriver on either side in turn.
HTH
Keith

Are there different thicknesses of camshaft shells or is it just one size. The top shells are not marked at all.
The ones for my AMF engine were the same
bought from tps around £7.00 each if I remember correctly can check later if you want

Officially PD injector removal is done by T10055 tool. There are guys that use some heavier grip locking pliers, others use piece of rope to make upwards force. Twisting alone wont do it.

Are the shells sold in pairs or individuals. Reason I ask is are they matched sets per journal or pot luck for size.

Back