Headlights restored

Dave Kelas

I spent 2 and half hours on my headlights after work. I used the Meguiars 2 step resto kit but ended up having to use 400 and 2400 grit wet and dry. They were much worse than they looked. I had a mop from an old kit which was a lot quicker to polish them with. Turned out well I think ?
185C14AE-5125-4A6B-AA3D-4F7EA402C62F.jpeg
37891494-3466-4079-83C2-FB294A89496A.jpeg
1ABD5E8B-8DBA-4C71-A5FC-1F06EAA02305.jpeg
old

plus one for the clear lacquer, I use 2K lacquer but only polish back with 800 wet, the lacquer produces a perfectly clear 'glass' look and keeps out the UV so they stay crystal clear

Well worth giving them a few coats of clear laquer now. Flat that back with 3000 grit and polish and they should stay looking clear for a long time.
plus one for the clear lacquer, I use 2K lacquer but only polish back with 800 wet, the lacquer produces a perfectly clear 'glass' look and keeps out the UV so they stay crystal clear

It's the 2 step kit. It comes with a rattle can of lacquer. I sprayed them on the garden table. So easy to remove the lights and not faff about with masking off :D

I love this little car. The Boxster is sulking at the top of the drive. I haven't driven it in a week ?

If I did get a new set of headlights, the first thing I'd do is cover them with clear paint protection film, just to add a layer of UV protection and stop stone damage.

Back