Hello All,

Sidewinder

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
Hello All,

I'm Andy from Norwich, I joined about a month ago whilst I was looking for a A2 and the forums were a great help in helping me decide what I wanted, and what to look out for, so thanks to all the members who's posts that have helped so much so far:), I've got a lot more reading to do ?.

Anyway, I've managed to find myself a A2, its a Tdi 90 SE 5 seater in dolphin grey. its got 155K miles on it, Tidy enough, Full Service history til 133K, had 2nd cambelt at 126K.

I like a bit of a project and don't mind spannering, so I plan to give a full all filters and all fluids service, it came with a full set of discs and pads in the boot so they will go on, then I will look at suspension, I've already ordered a set of meyle drop links and front ARB's.
I also want to either refurb/change the wheels, add cruise, DAB and a phone kit (whilst retaining the stock stereo), and generally fettle it up.

I'd also like to enable Mini DIS, (I have VCDS) but haven't read about anyone doing it on a Tdi90? - I might have a play this afternoon after reading the post on the subject.;)

Regards

Andy

IMG_3953.jpg
IMG_3954.jpg

Hello Andy....welcome and thankyou for the introduction. It looks like you have a really nice 90 there and good luck with the tinkering.

Enabling mini DIS will work perfectly on the tdi 90
It’s got problems on the petrols as it’s telling the inst cluster that the engine is a tdi so thinks like epc which are only on petrols is not reported

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Andy, as Paul said, mini DIS works fine on the 90(ATL), I have it activated on my Akoya 90(Joe). I will probably switch it off as I've decided I don't need to know that I'm getting poor fuel economy (compared to our remapped 75 TDIs). I 'only' get 50-55mpg though I enjoy the power and torque too much to worry about it. Good luck with the car, I do like dolphin grey.

May have seen you today - went past a 54 plate Dolphin on the road outside County Hall. Did wave, but a ittle late ?

Hi Teresa, No sorry it wasn’t me, If I’d seen another A2 I would have waved ☺

The day after I bought the A2 I went on holiday so I haven’t had much chance to do much to it yet, I’ve just been ordering ordering bits for it, extras and service parts, downloading service manuals and reading up up here about sorting a couple of issues.

Thanks to all that have replied about the mini DIS, nice it works on the 90?

Andy

Hi Teresa, No sorry it wasn’t me, If I’d seen another A2 I would have waved ☺

The day after I bought the A2 I went on holiday so I haven’t had much chance to do much to it yet, I’ve just been ordering ordering bits for it, extras and service parts, downloading service manuals and reading up up here about sorting a couple of issues.

Thanks to all that have replied about the mini DIS, nice it works on the 90?

Andy
Ah, we have two 54 Dolphins - excellent . Hope you had a good break

Ok, time to update this with my progress. I bought the car and started work on it at the end of August, and had it mainly finished at end of October.

Work completed:

Auto lights switch fitted
New Meyle drop links, anti roll bar bushes and saddles
Air Filter, Oil Filter, Fuel Filter, Cabin filter.
Oil Change, Coolant Flush and replace, Brake fluid change. Gearbox oil change.
Brake discs and pads all round, new slider pins on rear.
Drivers door check strap rollers replaced.
Refurbished wiper arm from Depronman ?fitted with Bosch blade.
Bilstein B4 dampers fitted all round with new top mounts, bump stops and dust covers.
Original Audi thermostat and temp sensor fitted.
Glowplugs replaced.
Brake wear sensor loom repaired.
Pepperpot wheels and a new set of tyres.
Replacement sun visor from A2Steve.?
Dog bone replaced.
Both keys re cased with new blades and ID48 chips (I had to obtain my security code as I broke a immob chip):rolleyes:
AutoDAB and DAB antenna fitted and a bluetooth stereo muting car kit.
Drivers Mat
Personalised reg for the wife
Better Headlight bulbs, interior leds
Replaced missing A2 badge on rear.
VCDS enable of locking beep, auto lock etc, and mini DIS.
Fresh MOT

a few paint repairs and black touchups, and that's about it, Cruise control fitment when it warms up a bit.

Its a present for the wife for her 50th and she loves it, and I'm happy with how it feels to drive now and its under my car servicing routine :)

I couldn't have done it without all the help from the club, this website and its members, so thank you ?:)

I bought a few extra tools to help me along and I don't want to leave them idle too long.

I'm going to look at another on Saturday !!

Andy

Impressive list already. One thing I noticed. You say you have done a brake fluid change, hopefully you also flushed the clutch slave.

Impressive list already. One thing I noticed. You say you have done a brake fluid change, hopefully you also flushed the clutch slave.

Yes I did ? I was following a Elsawin guide that detailed doing it. I used a Sealey pressure bleeder with a high pressure to get past the ABS pump, I experimented on my B6 Passat first before attempting the A2.

A perfect present for your lucky wife ( I am sure she will say you are the lucky one ). Many happy years motoring to her.

Back