Hello and a qustion!

Hello to all!!

A new member from Surrey here!

I'm looking to buy a 1.4 TDI and thought it would be a good idea to join the club!

I'm interested in a 2001 TDI and it has rear parking sensors as shown in the picture below.

A question for the experts, are they the original sensors or are they an after market fit?

Other A2's I've seen pictures of have 4 sensors on the back, not just 2 as shown.

Thanks in advance!

a2.JPG

Attachments

• a2[1].JPG
    a2[1].JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 213
Thanks for all your answers.

Not OEM and I don’t particularly like the look of them!

It appears that they are stuck on, with a wire feeding through the bumper somehow.

I’m viewing the car next week so I’ll see what they look like in the flesh, and if the can be removed/replaced without leaving holes everywhere.

Hard to tell the colour from the photo, but rear bumpers are relatively easy to replace so don't let that put you off too much.

Thanks for the info sciroccorrado, that'll be good to know.

I've been using the Goverment MOT checker website on my search for an A2, and I came across one car (GX51 TFA) which shows no fails or advisories since 2006! How many cars have that kind of history I wonder?! A well looked after car perhaps.

I also wonder why it hasn't been retested since its last MOT lapsed.

@A2 Louis - you’re sensors don’t look factory to me buddy... unless it’s just the clarity (or lack of) of the image?

These are factory sensors....

Attachments

• ADDC1563-3554-4A92-A5A6-B0268602A1D6.jpeg
    ADDC1563-3554-4A92-A5A6-B0268602A1D6.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Back