Hello everyone AUB/BCB enthusiast

CrankA2

Hey all, I bought an Audi A2 1.4 petrol during lockdown. Big plans. Although I fell in love with it so much it’s now a daily driver - rolling project daily driver.

Lovely to read all of your facts, figures, queries, solutions, and debates. Great forum! Already solved many answers for me.

Some users I have been following - Celsisone and A2 cars.

About my car - so it’s an AUA 1.4. I’ve stripped the rear seats out. Ive fitted a set of Brembo pads to the front, haven’t touched the drums at the rear. I got a set of pepperpots at only 5.7kg a corner, and Ive fitted Uniroyal rainsports to them. Fresh oil and brake fluid. Thats all I’ve done so far.

I’ve bought an AUB from a Skoda Fabia. I’ve also bought an AVY inlet manifold and a 6n2 exhaust manifold. I’ve got a Megane throttle body. I’m still currently looking for a BCB bottom end, or full thing if I have to buy most of it. I’ve bought a rear disc beam from a 2003 FSI with callipers and discs still on beam. It’s not fitted yet. I’ve also got the powerlfex pack of polybushes (all 9 bushes, none fitted).

Plans and questions I’m very likely to end up posting in the A2oc - engine mounts and dog bone mounts - polo/vibra techiks - Spax RSX or Bilstien - How to re-work the brake lines etc when installing disc beam. ARB’s. Clutches. Prob just run with standard AUB ecu, but I’m sure that’s worth a good discussion for any and all other options.

I’m look forward to enjoying this great forum with you all. Many thanks for the great and super interesting information Ive already picked up in here.

Best regards,
CrankA2

Ps Any and all advice welcome

Last edited:
Back