Chat Hello from Highlands

Ewan

I love Audi A2
Have now got two, for myself and my lovely wife, when I turned up in the first she thought it was “bloody Ugly” but after one drive she kept the keys!
Both 1.4 tdi one 2004, the other a 2005
Used the forum for help with fitting brake switch, brilliant info by your people, made it far more simple.
I take the cars to south of France usually twice a year, great fun to drive, build quality far better than other cars.
Thanks for having me
Cheers Ewan

Attachments

• 3041EF27-E8D7-4ED7-848C-A1E94447EE57.jpeg
    3041EF27-E8D7-4ED7-848C-A1E94447EE57.jpeg
    731.9 KB · Views: 234
Are you anywhere near Inverness? I see a couple of A2s around here regularly including an immaculate black one.

Hi
Up near Bettyhill, strangely enough I have seen about 5 other A2’s up in Caithness and Sutherland! You need good mpg to live up here just to get anywhere, but it is bloody nice ?

Welcome to the forum and A2 ownership - it's a marriage for life!

Had to look up where Bettyhill was and then started exploring on StreetView and spotted this A2 at Balnakeil Church
https://goo.gl/maps/t32neNJa8K1FDd1o9 probably a holiday maker. This is as far north east as google camera venture. Long way to go if you run out of milk ;)

Welcome along Ewan ?
Welcome to the forum and A2 ownership - it's a marriage for life!

Had to look up where Bettyhill was and then started exploring on StreetView and spotted this A2 at Balnakeil Church
https://goo.gl/maps/t32neNJa8K1FDd1o9 probably a holiday maker. This is as far north east as google camera venture. Long way to go if you run out of milk ;)
Hi Alan
Had a look, it’s mine!
Might run out of milk but never Gin?

Wow, that is a looooong way up. The club had a social as far as Uig on Skye last year, now that was a great trip. Left me wanting to come back and explore the North East 500.

Wow, that is a looooong way up. The club had a social as far as Uig on Skye last year, now that was a great trip. Left me wanting to come back and explore the North East 500.
I love Skye, went last year, really lovely when the weather is nice (not very often apparently!) plockton pretty cool too.

Hello Ewan and fellow members,
I've just joined too, and almost as far away as it's possible to get, here in the far east of Kent. Bought my 2001 1.4 petrol SE with 162,000 miles and 7 months MOT last August. In spite of buying from my cousin's wife, I didn't know the car at all. It's a good specification, and a nice colour; fern green with full tan leather. I travelled 90 miles by train to view it, and went with an open mind. I'd previously fancied a Saab; either a 900 or 9000. I drove a manual 9000 CSE, but found the pedals too close together; surprising for a big car. I didn't know what to expect with the A2. It was ok, and I bought it and drove it home. I didn't want a project, but I've spent a lot of time sorting it out. The most annoying was the sump drain thread was cross threaded and half stripped. For a car with pretty much full history, and 3 lady owners, I was not happy that day!! Unacceptable for a professional mechanic to do that. The main objective was to get an MOT with no advisories, which I achieved in March 2020. So far I've only seen two other A2s in this area. I'll try and keep you posted with progress. Lots of useful technical information found so far. Thank you.

Back