Hello from sunny Halifax!

Hello, and thank you for letting me join the A2 club. I am not new to the A2 having had a Tdi-90 from new in 2004 for eleven years and it was only that we regularly drove to the south of France that it was replaced by a Golf Estate. During those eleven years the car behaved very well and the only repair needed was to clean the fuel flap switch. The one niggle was that there was no spare wheel. That was not really Audi’s fault as the car came to me as my company car, it had to be 4 doors, a diesel, and no optional extras allowed, (even free of charge ones). The little Audi caused a minor stir as my colleagues could not understand why I would chose such a small car rather than a Mondeo or VW Passat etc…….but I had a plan. Three years on and the A2 lease was up and it had to go, so I bought it for my wife and settled for a 3 series BMW as a replacement…..but that’s another story. As said we used the car for the next eight years and racked up around 80,000 miles before passing it on. I do feel just a touch guilty as I never once looked underneath the car, company car mentality I guess.

Now I’m retired another Tdi-90 has been bought and this time I will be looking after it myself. I have restored several motorcycles and a couple of cars and have a decent garage (carpeted of course) so am looking forward to the challenge. I have no doubt there will be the corrosion problems typical of the A2 and fingers crossed about the DMF and Turbo but already I found the A2 club forum to be a valuable source of information, and promise to add to it if I can.

GrahamH

Welcome to the forum and back to A2 ownership. I also have a 90, I've yet to experience DMF or turbo issues though it's only done 125K. Photos are always appreciated here, yes, we know what it looks like though we still 'need' to see it. ?
In case you haven't found the thread yet and since all 90s had pressed wishbones, please check your wishbones, they will almost certainly be needing replaced if they're the originals.

Until I can pick up the car on Monday this is the best picture I can do...……...
AudiSmall.png

It’s not a yellow colour storm TDi 90 is it? I thought there was only one in the UK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is there really only one 90 Yellow colour storm in the uk, i remember very clearly when we purchased our 2002 1.4 tdi Sport in Lancaster Audi liverpool we test drove our car, the one we still own today 210000 mile later. On the showroom floor there was a yellow colour storm Brand new . and while we were sorting the deal out for our car i remember the salesperson saying Black is the best colour to go for, and then looking at the yellow colour storm said "We are going to struggle to sell that" "Who is going to want to buy a yellow A2". Well i wish i had one in my garage now. Could that have been the 90 colour storm in question, i don't know if it was a 90 or a 75 but its a fifty fiftyish chance i suppose. :)

Is there really only one 90 Yellow colour storm in the uk, i remember very clearly when we purchased our 2002 1.4 tdi Sport in Lancaster Audi liverpool we test drove our car, the one we still own today 210000 mile later. On the showroom floor there was a yellow colour storm Brand new . and while we were sorting the deal out for our car i remember the salesperson saying Black is the best colour to go for, and then looking at the yellow colour storm said "We are going to struggle to sell that" "Who is going to want to buy a yellow A2". Well i wish i had one in my garage now. Could that have been the 90 colour storm in question, i don't know if it was a 90 or a 75 but its a fifty fiftyish chance i suppose. :)
Not really a 50-50 chance. DVLA figures are vague, but looking at 5 times (or more) 75's than 90's sold new.

Andy

Its a zero chance if you bought your 2002 car new. The 90 didn't appear in the dealerships till the summer of 2003 with 53 plates the first available in the UK.

Its a zero chance if you bought your 2002 car new. The 90 didn't appear in the dealerships till the summer of 2003 with 53 plates the first available in the UK.

I think most were 04. Howmanyleft suggests only 2 TDi 90s sold in 2003, 761 2004 and 148 2005

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The avatar was constructed using Lego Digital Designer, this is a free software download from Lego and all done on a PC, no actual bricks used.....but it does require some patience.
Hi @GrahamH
Does the Lego design tool provide a " parts list" to enable an actual build?
Mac.

The LegoDD does generate building instructions which I believe can be stored as a HTML file. I have not used this feature before but if you send me a PM I will try to send you the file. This was my first attempt at an A2 and I think it looks more like a Hummer, maybe I should start again to a bigger scale.

Back