Hello, looking for an A2

Sniper

Hi

Just joined, been looking for an A2 for a month or so now but there doesn't seem to be any available in Suffolk! I've seen a few I like but they are all miles away, normally I'd be happy to travel but at the moment can't really go too far.

I was planning on looking at one further away after Christmas but tier 4 has put a stop to that.

Ideally I'm looking for a TDi as it will replace my campervan as my daily, don't mind doing some jobs but don't want a project, I've got too many of those already ?

Cheers

Mike.

Typical, not seen that one! thanks Dave.

Nice colour, although there's some lacquer peel on the bonnet, well inside my budget though.

Might drop him a message after Christmas.

Cheers,

Mike.

Welcome aboard :) I've just taken a deposit on a TDI which I'm selling to make space for a campervan! Tier 4 has put that sale into a holding pattern as well, but do talk to me about your campervan. If you hover over my username anywhere you see it, you'll get a link to start a PM conversation.

Typical, not seen that one! thanks Dave.

Nice colour, although there's some lacquer peel on the bonnet, well inside my budget though.

Might drop him a message after Christmas.

Cheers,

Mike.
You might well be able to pick up a spare cobalt bonnet

Hi

Just joined, been looking for an A2 for a month or so now but there doesn't seem to be any available in Suffolk! I've seen a few I like but they are all miles away, normally I'd be happy to travel but at the moment can't really go too far.

I was planning on looking at one further away after Christmas but tier 4 has put a stop to that.

Ideally I'm looking for a TDi as it will replace my campervan as my daily, don't mind doing some jobs but don't want a project, I've got too many of those already ?

Cheers

Mike.
Hi Mike

I'm thinking of selling my 51 plate TDI 137k miles. It needs a good clean up and the water leak in the boot (common problem) sorting but other than that it's a great car. Passed mot in October.
I'm in newmarket, not sure where in Suffolk you are??

Hi Mike

I'm thinking of selling my 51 plate TDI 137k miles. It needs a good clean up and the water leak in the boot (common problem) sorting but other than that it's a great car. Passed mot in October.
I'm in newmarket, not sure where in Suffolk you are??

Hi Bobble,

Yes, may well be interested, I'm in Ipswich so Newmarket isn't too far. Can you send me some more details, spec, price etc. even some pics if you can.

Thanks

Mike.

Sorry for the late reply, been one of those weeks. Its a tdi se in navy blue. As its been sat for a while it needs a jolly good clean up and probably jump start. I would be looking for £800. I can't attach photos here as it's says the file is too large. Are we allowed to exchange numbers on here? If so I can send you them on WhatsApp if you have?

Hi @Sniper
Since first time I saw your post I have been thinking..... If I should start from scratch again, what would I have prioritised??
My first A2 came into our family more or less by random.... I had promised mrs to fix her Volvo by Monday....I left for a competition in France and she vent ballistic ....and bought our first A2 unseen, by phone... delivered on her door.
Three weeks later I started to get more and more amazed by this car, Only issue for me; it was a petrol, but it gave us 150'km with no issues.
As you probably can guess from my nick.... I have a passion for diesels, so I started to read up on the A2, and got more and more amazed as I was learning. I bought a 1.4TDI with the AMF engine and I got in love. No question. Having three kids, ended up buying one for each of them and we fixed them together and had a great time while doing so.
Then I bought the 1.2TDI (only available as LHD) because I am so stunningly impressed by the idea, the engineering and consumption of that car.... It was a longrunner and I was a bit optimistic wrt available time and skills to be able to fix the issues I bought her with and those appearing during the 90'km we have used her.
What I tray to share is that it has been a huge process for me/us, and I wonder if you have had time to think over which engine you would like to have and what kind of options that you want to have on your dream-list?
  • OSS - the huge class roof that is quite demanding to repair if it is stuck... but amazing to have when all is working perfect
  • Double DIN Navi and Bose
  • DIS - driving computer / information system
  • Multi function steering wheel
  • AMF engine - the simple one, or the a little bit more advanced BHC (both are 75hp) (might be a tax difference between them)
  • ATL engine - the strongest and fastest (90hp), but multi mass flywheel, expensive to replace and known to fail "now and then"
  • Heated front seats
  • ++++ there are also a lot of extras you can retro fit to your A2 (advice to read up on what @timmus can offer to retro fit)
It is not my intention to complicate this for you, more to ensure you have thought about it before you make your final decision ?

Good luck :)
dieselfan

Last edited:
I've finally bought an A2, a red 1.4 petrol with a red leather interior, quite a few nice extras.
20210116_141634.jpg
20210116_141622.jpg
20210116_141704.jpg
20210116_141717.jpg

Oooh, well done - you even got a rear cupholder ? That's a good spec to start off with - rear 'leccy windows too if I remember the advert. Hope it's a good one underneath, and the lacquer peel stays away ... enjoy it ?

yes, rear cup holders, rear electric windows, double din stereo, dis and electric lumbar adjustment.

I've got a few bits to sort out but hopefully nothing too onerous. Only a little lacquer peel on the rear bumper and a few small scuffs on the paintwork.

Back