Hello trom Cornwall

Hello fellow A2 fans,..up until about 3 months ago I always looked at and bought larger Audi's.....owning 4 in total.....3 A4's.... 1.8t Quattro, 3.0l Quattro avant, S4 v8 avant and a 1999 Cabriolet, then sadly the other half's Ford Ka lost its fight against the dreaded tin worm (well lets say I gave up repairing it) ....and that's when the fun began.........
Having spend a lifetime welding up rusty cars for myself and others I thought I needed a rest and would look for something with a bit of character that wouldn't rust away in 10 mins....which only left a couple of choices an A8 (way to big) or an A2 just slightly bigger than the Ka it was going to replace.....the obvious reason Aluminium wouldn't rust.....and good VW/AUDI running gear
So the search started and I hit a brick wall............living in Cornwall gave me a very small choice of cars in fact I would say a non existent choice. there were simply no cars in my area and the one or two that were advertised were simply way overpriced or not very well cared for.....the search widend........and even with looking as far away as Dorset and Bristol nothing came up..............then one evening a car came up locally the only problem it had a suspected head gasket problem ........no problem to me as my day job as you may of guessed involves the motor trade in fact the repair and building of HGV's ...so no shortage of facilities and skills...................oh by the way did I mention the car was an FSI.........do I need to say anymore yes an FSI with cooling problems............well it wasn't just the head gasket........... it was everything your mother warns you about.......... and more........valves, thermostat, carbon build up.............I don't think anyone who had looked at the car in the past had carried out one good repair just bodges to get it to run for a few weeks.
Cutting a long story short...................trip to MOT station...............failed emission test.............run big ends...................oops sorry from the tester...................I had to rethink a replacement car for the Ka which had by now made the trip to rusty car heaven................another Ka the good lady suggested..........No being my prompt reply, whilst risking life and limb........back to the drawing board and the ads, then later that evening another A2 popped up in Devon.............. even more surprising it was for sale by a business contact on behalf of his son..............so trip to Devon look over the car agree on a price and arrange collection after insuring and taxing.
So now we are a two A2 family............one up and running 1.4 (Bluebell as the other half has named it) and one not so up and running 1.6FSI...............
The FSI is now in bits and the FSI system is going to be replaced with a 1.6 Golf engine running with a less problematical cooling system.....its a bit of a job going from Bosch to Magnetti management but I love a challenge..............
One thing in the FSI's favour is that its a high spec sport,..............a rare car from having a nose around the forum
Chris.

Hello fellow A2 fans,..up until about 3 months ago I always looked at and bought larger Audi's.....owning 4 in total.....3 A4's.... 1.8t Quattro, 3.0l Quattro avant, S4 v8 avant and a 1999 Cabriolet, then sadly the other half's Ford Ka lost its fight against the dreaded tin worm (well lets say I gave up repairing it) ....and that's when the fun began.........
Having spend a lifetime welding up rusty cars for myself and others I thought I needed a rest and would look for something with a bit of character that wouldn't rust away in 10 mins....which only left a couple of choices an A8 (way to big) or an A2 just slightly bigger than the Ka it was going to replace.....the obvious reason Aluminium wouldn't rust.....and good VW/AUDI running gear
So the search started and I hit a brick wall............living in Cornwall gave me a very small choice of cars in fact I would say a non existent choice. there were simply no cars in my area and the one or two that were advertised were simply way overpriced or not very well cared for.....the search widend........and even with looking as far away as Dorset and Bristol nothing came up..............then one evening a car came up locally the only problem it had a suspected head gasket problem ........no problem to me as my day job as you may of guessed involves the motor trade in fact the repair and building of HGV's ...so no shortage of facilities and skills...................oh by the way did I mention the car was an FSI.........do I need to say anymore yes an FSI with cooling problems............well it wasn't just the head gasket........... it was everything your mother warns you about.......... and more........valves, thermostat, carbon build up.............I don't think anyone who had looked at the car in the past had carried out one good repair just bodges to get it to run for a few weeks.
Cutting a long story short...................trip to MOT station...............failed emission test.............run big ends...................oops sorry from the tester...................I had to rethink a replacement car for the Ka which had by now made the trip to rusty car heaven................another Ka the good lady suggested..........No being my prompt reply, whilst risking life and limb........back to the drawing board and the ads, then later that evening another A2 popped up in Devon.............. even more surprising it was for sale by a business contact on behalf of his son..............so trip to Devon look over the car agree on a price and arrange collection after insuring and taxing.
So now we are a two A2 family............one up and running 1.4 (Bluebell as the other half has named it) and one not so up and running 1.6FSI...............
The FSI is now in bits and the FSI system is going to be replaced with a 1.6 Golf engine running with a less problematical cooling system.....its a bit of a job going from Bosch to Magnetti management but I love a challenge..............
One thing in the FSI's favour is that its a high spec sport,..............a rare car from having a nose around the forum
Chris.

There is currently another FSI for sale near Roche, head gasket gone, its a sport, five seater with black leather. Up for £400.
It's for sale on Facebook, just in case you need one for spares ?

Hi Kernow A2 and cpt shed, I am near lostwithiel, there are quite a few down here, I picked up another tdi A2 from north devon on Saturday, have three now tdi 90 sport and a fsi sport and the tdi from devon

Hello kernow A2, I'm near stives if you need any parts for a TDI or limited body parts . Stevenbertmoore.

Thanks for the messages guys nice to know I have fellow club members nearby............do A2 owners wave to each other or is that a thing of the past.......

I'm in Wadebridge at weekends and have a VAG cable and VCDS software if you want to read/clear fault codes.

Hi Didgesteve, thanks for the offer I'm fully tooled up Audi diagnostic wise including genuine Vagdash.com.............need it for my other Audi's LOL I'm a bit of a collector and don't mind throwing a bit of money at them including diagnostic gear.....it goes with my business ethic I suppose "if you don't have the gear you have no idea". Love the look of your car from your profile pic.

Back