Hello

DavidC

Just joined but have lurked for a number of years. I'm in the New Forest.

I own two A2's.
A 2002 Jaipur red 1.4tdi, which has been retired due to a premature water pump failure a couple of years ago. This was my faithful runaround having covered 50- odd thousand over 5 years. Cylinder head is off and waiting for the time to reassemble.

And a 2001 1.4tdi in Sapphire blue with iffy Opensky. This was a one family owned low(ISH) miles car which I couldn't pass by. I bought it unseen and needed somewhat more work than I had hoped, but I've now put a 1000miles on it and have to say I'm really enjoying it. Only wish it has air con this past couple of weeks.

Anyway after seven years of ownership I've had to deal with most of the problems that can arise on A2's but I'm far from an expert and have often referred to this forum.

David

Welcome to the friendliest and most helpful car forum on t'Interweb ... but you already knew that :D
Glad the blue one is going well for you, with no aircon you'll really be needing the Opensky this week though!
2002 must be about the last of the Jaipur red ones. I hope you can get that back together at some point as they're sadly a very rare sight on the roads these days.

Welcome to the club for the incurable Aluminium addicts. Along with many of us I have also got 2 A2’s. One that is badly damaged but about to be fixed (fingers crossed) ?. And one that will be used in the future for spares and for tinkering about with for learning as I go along. Hope you have many happy years of ownership. Fix the one that has Air-Con ASAP ?

Back