Help. Driver door not closing!

Mbzpar

Was admiring the car last night and that everything was tip top. Bad idea. Car was covered in ice this morning as I was preparing to go to work. Opened the drivers door; which was a little stiff, and since then I cannot reclose the door. Checked the lock and that seems fine but the handle has lost all tension. Not had chance to look at it yet. Any of you car wizards got an idea what might have happened and how to fix? Feel uncomfortable having a car on drive with door ajar. Thanks Paul

It sounds very much like the door lock has failed (or at least the solenoid that works it).

I know it sounds a bit basic, but try disconnecting the battery negative terminal for 30 minutes and see if it rights itself.

My drivers door was frozen this morning, so when it did open I was unable to close it again and the handle tension was slack. After two or three attempts to close it while sitting in the drivers seat it did shut and the handle went back to it's normal position. I also put the car key in to the door lock and turned it a couple of times. Wont be as lazy next time and will pour some tepid water around the door first!! Hope you manage to get it closed.

My drivers door was frozen this morning, so when it did open I was unable to close it again and the handle tension was slack. After two or three attempts to close it while sitting in the drivers seat it did shut and the handle went back to it's normal position. I also put the car key in to the door lock and turned it a couple of times. Wont be as lazy next time and will pour some tepid water around the door first!! Hope you manage to get it closed.
Thanks All. Arrived home and all good with the car again. Damm frost. Great owners club the A2OC

Back