Help needed with parts or references

Captain059

A2OC Donor
Hi guys and girls
As you may know, I have a current project. It is a 1.6 FSI, I know lots of people poo poo it but I want to give it a go.
It needed a MOT but I don't have the time nor a lot of money, so I decided the qickest, safest way and maybe the cheapest was to bring it to my trusted garage. They fixed my power steering issue in no time and started the MOT, when disaster struck! A coolant pipe burst!!
They have been trying to get a new one from the "stealer" but this is near impossible. The reference's image they have been sent doesn't correspond to the part on the car.
So here I come to ask the most knowledgeable people about the A2.
Please have a look at the picture

If someone could provide me with the correct reference or even better the 2 hoses (near new), I would be very grateful.
Thanks

On mine it's 8Z0 819 350D. (Early 2003 FSI)
0ef947e03a87482e9652ab14b5d408dc.jpg
4a3496fba6b0ac944509eac11e34beeb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thank you.
Any chance at the 2nd one? Or do you think this reference is for the both of them?
That's going to save me so much time!!!

Both pipes are bound together, and appear to be sold as a unit under 8Z0 819 350D.

There's a used one available on eBay for £15 at the moment.

Both pipes are bound together, and appear to be sold as a unit under 8Z0 819 350D.

There's a used one available on eBay for £15 at the moment.

Whippet, I’m interested to know if you found that on line? I was looking at 7zap.com and trying to figure out the part numbers but the engine cooling page for the BAD engine under part 25 says to see illustration 819-60. That is under the body section, but 8Z0 819 350D isn’t listed on there either.
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• A2Hoses.JPG
    A2Hoses.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 237
This is quite confusing.
If I check the ETKA catalog, the hoses reference are 8Z0 819 371R and 8Z0 319 373R.
On Spike's picture, the 8Z0 819 350D is superseeded by 8Z0 121 052 and 8Z0 121 056B.

I have to make sure as the "stealer" won't take back a wrong order.

It's down to the dealer to supply the right part to you or else the garage doing the work. If they can't identify the right part(s) based on the reg., the VIN and even given the old burst part(s) then it's unreasonable to supply a part knowing it might be wrong and then not take it back if it turns out to be wrong. They should not be able to transfer such "risk" to the customer.

More practically: Possibly I am confused but I think in Steve's picture the part you need is 25, not 26 (8Z0 121 052) and 23 (8Z0 121 056B). When you click on the link in the table for 819-060 then it takes you to the drawing that shows 7 and 10, (8Z0 819 371R and 8Z0 319 373R). My project FSI has these as separate hoses not bound together. Unfortunately the part numbers have rubbed off and can't be read.

Attachments

• IMG_5564.JPG
    IMG_5564.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 264
It's down to the dealer to supply the right part to you or else the garage doing the work. If they can't identify the right part(s) based on the reg., the VIN and even given the old burst part(s) then it's unreasonable to supply a part knowing it might be wrong and then not take it back if it turns out to be wrong. They should not be able to transfer such "risk" to the customer.

More practically: Possibly I am confused but I think in Steve's picture the part you need is 25, not 26 (8Z0 121 052) and 23 (8Z0 121 056B). When you click on the link in the table for 819-060 then it takes you to the drawing that shows 7 and 10, (8Z0 819 371R and 8Z0 319 373R). My project FSI has these as separate hoses not bound together. Unfortunately the part numbers have rubbed off and can't be read.
Because the parts are not kept at the dealers anymore, they have to order them in. They won't take a wrong order back because it would be staying on their shelf. That has a cost they don't want to bear.
I had the experience with the screws for my 1.4 headlights. The reference they had is for a completely different screw than the original. They refused to take it back because I was supposed to double check the description.

About the hoses I need, I am still not 100% sure. I have transmitted the reference to my garage and they will try on their side to get the right ones.
Thanks

This is quite confusing.
If I check the ETKA catalog, the hoses reference are 8Z0 819 371R and 8Z0 319 373R.
On Spike's picture, the 8Z0 819 350D is superseeded by 8Z0 121 052 and 8Z0 121 056B.

I have to make sure as the "stealer" won't take back a wrong order.

That supersession table is about 5 years old so there is likely to be further updates but if you're happy the '350D' hose is an accurate starting point, the dealer should be able to get the latest parts

Cheers Spike

Hi I recently spent 4 hours on the hard shoulder of the A1(M) awaiting the RAC following what turned out to be a leak with the same "350D" heater hose. The RAC guy expertly cut the pipe and inserted a section of copper pipe which got me (and keeps me) mobile. Did you eventually get your replacement pipes? If yes can you tell me the part numbers, price and supplier? I'm reluctant to go second hand for the same reason as you, they will be the same age as the one that split. Help welcomed! My car is a 2004 1.6 FSI.

Hello Angus
I'll have to call my mechanic. He keeps a spreadsheet of all the things he fixed on my cars.

Cheers.

Back