Help! Speedo needle not going past 55mph and flickers?

wv1jc

A2OC Donor
Hi all,

Great forum and loads of very useful info at touch of a button. Always sorted my issues and really greatful.

I come to a standstill, i have a issue where my speedo reaches upto 55mph with no issues but when travelling past that speed, the needle stays jumping at 55mph. If i turn ignition off and on again whilst in motion, it goes back to its proper speed reading.

I had a number of issues and running vag, everything has erased and not come back. I have changed, engine speed sensor, double temp sensor and camshaft sensor as they came up as a fault of some sort.

The vag plug in has no errors except the abs unit error 01435 brake pressure sensor 1 - 012 electrical fault in circuit.

Surely this is not linked or causing my speedo issue? With no other faults / errors, im confused?

Thanks

Jassa

Hi all,

Great forum and loads of very useful info at touch of a button. Always sorted my issues and really greatful.

I come to a standstill, i have a issue where my speedo reaches upto 55mph with no issues but when travelling past that speed, the needle stays jumping at 55mph. If i turn ignition off and on again whilst in motion, it goes back to its proper speed reading.

I had a number of issues and running vag, everything has erased and not come back. I have changed, engine speed sensor, double temp sensor and camshaft sensor as they came up as a fault of some sort.

The vag plug in has no errors except the abs unit error 01435 brake pressure sensor 1 - 012 electrical fault in circuit.

Surely this is not linked or causing my speedo issue? With no other faults / errors, im confused?

Thanks

Jassa

Hi,

It is possible tyhat the needle is physically touching the printed background card.

Has the instrument cluster been apart for any reason recently?

This may be the cause of the problem.

Steve B

Thanks for the fast response.

The clocks have never been changed, if i try a different set, will it have issues with ecu and starting the car?

Thnks

Back