Help with VCDS-Lite output results

Hey all,
I got a red warning light yesterday which then disappeared and left just the engine warning lamp on.
She's running fine no other symptoms and I got home OK.
After a few starts this morning the engine warning has cleared but I have some output from VCDS-Lite that I would like some advice on....

1 Fault Found:
17961 - Barometric/Manifold Pressure Signals: Implausible Correlation
P1553 - 35-10 - --Intermittent

Any ideas?

Pics attached...
IMG_1247.jpeg

Actually showing 2 faults there. Have you cleared the faults "Clear all DTCs" and driven the car then scanned again? Usual questions about the charge and condition of your battery tightness of the connections to the battery including all the connection on the auxiliary positive supply box to the left of the positive terminal and the earth on the battery the rear chassis and below the left headlight.

Actually showing 2 faults there. Have you cleared the faults "Clear all DTCs" and driven the car then scanned again? Usual questions about the charge and condition of your battery tightness of the connections to the battery including all the connection on the auxiliary positive supply box to the left of the positive terminal and the earth on the battery the rear chassis and below the left headlight.
I'm just waiting on my registration/activation to be able to clear stuff then will try.
The first fault I'm familiar with.
I'm worried about the vehicle being able to get from Leyton to my preferred garage in Hounslow based on the second fault, any thoughts?

I'm worried about the vehicle being able to get from Leyton to my preferred garage in Hounslow based on the second fault, any thoughts?
There is only one fault shown in your picture above. You have fault 17961 in the engine management unit, which, as you can see, relates to an issue with the barometric / manifold pressure signal.
The second fault, in the ABS module, is simply a duplication of the first. The ABS system and the engine management system work closely together. As such, when there is a fault stored in the engine management unit, the ABS system also flags this fault. That explains why the fault code in the ABS module just says "Engine Control Module - Check DTC Memory". The ABS module is simply telling you that it is aware of a fault, but that the details are logged in the engine ECU. There is no fault with your ABS system.

Cheers,

Tom

There is only one fault shown in your picture above. You have fault 17961 in the engine management unit, which, as you can see, relates to an issue with the barometric / manifold pressure signal.
The second fault, in the ABS module, is simply a duplication of the first. The ABS system and the engine management system work closely together. As such, when there is a fault stored in the engine management unit, the ABS system also flags this fault. That explains why the fault code in the ABS module just says "Engine Control Module - Check DTC Memory". The ABS module is simply telling you that it is aware of a fault, but that the details are logged in the engine ECU. There is no fault with your ABS system.

Cheers,

Tom
Thanks Tom, I’m slowly picking up the language. Does this 17961 fault about barometric/manifold pressure indicate something leaking in the exhaust system?

Thanks Tom, I’m slowly picking up the language. Does this 17961 fault about barometric/manifold pressure indicate something leaking in the exhaust system?
I saw this fault on our BBY when we bought it. It had an exhaust leak though I also took the EGR valve off to clean (didn't need cleaned). I didn't find a specific cause, cleared the fault code and drove the car, fault code hasn't returned. Another thread...

Back