Hiss from engine bay with climate control

Pinkythelabrat

A2OC Donor
Good afternoon,

I have a worrying ‘hiss’ from the section of my TDi75 engine bay that I associate with aircon plumbing. The right hand side.

I can now hear it while driving and I’m not sure if I could before so I want to know if anyone else has this and if it’s normal. It goes away when I turn the Climate control to ‘off’ so I’m convinced it’s related to that system.

It continues for a few seconds after I turn the ignition off then fades away.

It may be unrelated but when I was driving home in the cold rain today the windscreen suddenly kept misting up even though the engine was hot.

Help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Mac,

It seems entirely related to aircon. When I turn climate control off it goes away and when I put it on after a few seconds it comes back.

Would a vacuum leak from the brake system not hiss all the time or only when braking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it was a vacum leak, it would be present whenever the engine was running, and a short time after it stops (longer if there's no leak) as it's generated by the engine. The vacum side of the brake servo is separate from the hydraulic side, the vacum just adds omph to your right foot.
If it's AC related, I'd suspect the compressor. Would it be possible to run the car with the Aux belt off, (so no compressor)? This may be a stupid suggestion, I have no idea of what the aux belt drives in your car. Good luck.
Mac.

Back