How fast does it get up to temperature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gav

I'm thinking of getting an A2 next year to replace my 2000 Punto. One thing (of the many) I've got used to in my small Fiat is how fast the engine warms up (1242cc 8v petrol). I've left it in a car park for a few hours on a spring evening, and it's warmed back up in the 2 mins it took to navigate out to the road! Even in winter it's never more than 5 mins.

[?] So how fast do the differerent A2's take? (I'm looking at a 1.6FSI SE) [?]

My Punto has also got me into fuel economy (18 month average of 51mpg). The A2 should beat it, but what to people achieve. I do mostly cross country, with a bit of motorway and some town driving.

I expect to be asking loads more Q's over the coming months. [:p]

Hi Gav

My TDI gives me around 60mpg on the work run (25 miles each way, 10 miles on B roads at 50-60 mph, 15 miles on dual c/w at 75 mph).

Tootling around town short shifting I can get upto 75 mpg. The climate control has a big effect on economy though.

As for the engine getting up to temperature, it seems to take about 3 miles at 7 am over the last two weeks, (does that make any sense?)

HT.

TDI SE AMULET RED, OPEN SKY,1/2 LEATHER, BOSE

Q's: I know the servicing is very long on A2's (I'm used to 12000 miles on my Punto). Just how long are they, and is it advisable to have a service once a year anyway?

HT: So it's probably warming up at a similar rate - my old Astra and my girlfriends Corsa took/take ages!

Got to have a sunroof, so open-sky it shall be... The main opposition is from a new Fiat Stilo Diesel, which also has a big sunroof. I shall be looking closely at the motor show! I'd definatly get Climate Control, although I've never had a car with it yet. Can it do warm air to your feet, cool air to your face?

Gav,

It's rumoured that the TDI will go 30,000 miles or 2 years between servicing. My A2 is telling me 14000 to go + the 10000 it's done, so 24,000.

I've had it for two weeks so I presume that the previous owner may have had a heavy right foot. The Audi dealer reckons it's falling short of the 30,000 because it was standing on the forecourt for a while. They suggest that I keep an eye on it because it will improve!! Not so sure

As for the warm feet, cold face, I'll have to consult the distructions book tonight.

HT.

TDI SE AMULET RED, OPEN SKY,1/2 LEATHER, BOSE

Gav

Welcome!. My petrol A2 is showing over 2000 miles on the clock and a service in 17,100miles-so approaching a 20,000 miles service inteval. And that is just on a Petrol A2!.

Steve - 1.4SE petrol, 2002, Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back