How many vehicles do you own?

Gritty

Hi all

I` ve been umming and arring about buying another bike bringing my total personal vehicles to 4.

Do i really need it all the extra expense, feeling a bit guilty really, so just curious to learn how many of you have more than one vehicle and why?

Errrr.

You can only see 5, 4 were out of shot! And the reason? I like A2's ;)

Storms.jpg

Gritty your ok ..we have 6 vehicles and 1 motorbike and 4 push bikes between 2 of us ..although Sall says she’s just got the one car and 2 push bikes ?
Why ? ...good question ..why not some people collect stamps ..boring ?..everyone to their own ..I’m not into holidays ..clothes ..don’t smoke .don’t really drink ...now retired every days a Holliday ...but will add not at the expense of your wife and kids .. but if your bank balance allows why not .( 3 cars on sorn ) oh and a2 £30 a year tax what’s not to like with these gems ?..

Last edited:
Between the two of us we have 5 cars (3 A2's) 2 electric bicycles and 4 regular bicycles but yesterday we were in the motorcycle shop so looking like 2 motorcycles will be added to the list soon.
I hasten to add this is a considerable reduction in vehicles over the last 10 years, as Martin tells people, some women buy handbags, I buy cars, much more fun

Four here. The three A2's in my signature and a 2012 Volvo C70 that pre-dates all of them. The first A2 was supposedly to carry the loads that the Volvo couldn't and keep some of the mileage off it. The wee aluminium beasties are doing the latter but they only loads they've ever carried are big bits from other A2's, to be fitted to them!

Just one A2 and an A4 B6 with the amazing PD Tdi engine which IMHO is one of the finest Diesel engines ever produced. The solenoid injectors run in oil so the cables have to operate in these hostile conditions too hence the special PD oil. Killed off by VAG because it would not adapt to taking a DPF. Perhaps the pinnacle of the diesel car era ?

My A2 TDi 90, our beloved '09 Skoda Octavia estate (first ever new car, done ~250 000 in it), Triumph TR7 V8, and my wife's '13 Mini convertible

As for bikes (and I'm a great believer in the N=n+1 formula where N is the ideal number of bikes and n is the number you currently have), I have a Genesis Croix de Fer commuter bike, my beloved 1989 Cannondale road bike (bought for me by my wife using money her dad had sent her towards expenses for our then new baby), an Airnimal folding bike (brilliant to take on hols, goes uphill like greased lightning), and a lovely 15-year old Marin mountain bike. Just wondering now if I can justify one of these new-fangled plastic bikes. I hear this carbon fibre stuff is quite the material. My wife has a Sabbath Silk Road in Ti.

Never let your head get in the way of a heart-based purchasing decision.

Earlier this year I had a 2004 A6 B6 1.9 tdi quattro, 2007 Honda CRV 2.2 cdti and then picked up the A2 tdi 90.
As @Stevieb said the 130 pd engine in the A4 worked well.
Since then had a little shuffle, went down to just the A2 for a few months when I sold the others and was looking for a new 7seat capable wagon. So now its the A2 and a 2015 Touran 2.0 CR. A2 in process of being put back together.
John

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

5 A2s made up of Frankie, a genuine white TDI 75, our first bought silver 55 plate that started it all, my lad has one but it is mine, he's not paid me for it yet. His wife has one of mine as well and a 54 plate TDI 75 that still has a limp mode problem that I still haven't fixed.

Two motor bikes, one mine, one the wife's.

Back