How much are you paying for diesel?

riverlad

A2OC Donor
The cost of diesel just seems to go up and up!

Paying £110.9 here is huntingdon.

Am I the only a2 who feels slightly smug at the pump knowing I drive a car with low road tax and get great mpg:D

Here in bradford west yorkshire its around the £1.07 mark costs around £30 odd quid for a full tank.
Smug you bet ya.

Around the 107p here in Manchester too - although I did fill up last Tuesday at 103p. The price does seem to have gone up sharply in the last few days.

Around the £45 mark to fill Tank up - the 42 litre tank is nonsense (if the pumps are calibrated correctly), as I've put nearly 43 litres in before now, and the computer reckoned I still had 30-odd miles left!

Cheers,

Mike

£1.08 near Warwick. Yes there is a nice satisfaction know how far I can go on £40.
It's the same feeling when filling up the wife's Smart car for £30.

£1.09 for derv in south west scotia. I subscribe to petrolprices.com and they email me the lowest prices in the area, but no surprises in these being the local supermarkets and I stick to the main brands :D

Prices are Between 1.06 and 1.10 down here in Laandan so quite a range but seen those top prices in just the last week. Whats happened? I know there was one of those delayed budget tax rises back in Sept but something else is at work here?

The price of fuel has shot up in recent weeks! I live in Birmingham and work (mainly) in Cheshire and the price is the same in both places:

Unleaded price: 106.9p
Diesel price: 107.9p

The sooner I get myself a diesel-sipping A2 1.4 diesel, the better for my wallet, methinks! ;)

Kind regards

Jag

Last edited:
Old codger here. When I got my driving licence, petrol was 3/9 a gallon. That's four pence a litre. Starting salaries for graduates are also up by a factor of 25, so nothing's changed. There's a lesson here about how the world works.

Hi,
have just picked up my A2 Tdi and got the insurance sorted... can't wait to fill it up tomorrow and be able to double the mpg I have been getting on my MX5 which I have been driving for the last few years... it will be put to bed and become an occaisonal summer outing car.

Hi Peter.
Welcome to the club. I am new here as well, but you could not find a better group anywhere. Everyone on here could not be any nicer and helpfull,

I have not been driving my a2 long, but if you have as much fun as I have you will have a great time

Just over a week now till to the day out and the curry night, I cant wait!
It will be great to meet some of the people on here and get my skipton cruse:D

Sorry for going off subject

Cheers

David

I fill mine up in Chandlers Ford, the last time i filled up it was £1.02.

Can imagine it'll be closer £1.10 by now.

Trip computer

Excuse the lack of technical expertise but I read a lot about the computer giving miles to go etc........My 2002 1.4 TDI has the door open graphic, and that's it! is it broke or don't I have one? :rolleyes:

Excuse the lack of technical expertise but I read a lot about the computer giving miles to go etc........My 2002 1.4 TDI has the door open graphic, and that's it! is it broke or don't I have one? :rolleyes:
No DIS (Driver Information System). The DIS has a separate graphic for each door so you know which one is open, the basic display uses the same door graphic for all, as far as I remember.

Just paid 109.9/litre for diesel at Sainsbury's today. The BP across the roundabout is selling diesel at 112/litre. Ouch. I hope I can get that 5th gear mod done this year!

Sainsbury's in harrogate is 111.9 and our local Total is 113.9...... like you Dan hope the 5th gear upgrade comes along soon....

£1.09 around Warwick, which still works out at 8ppm. When it reaches 10ppm I'll be a bit depressed.

Blimey, further to my post yesterday, drove past Sainsbury's this morning and they've put their diesel up to 112.9 to match the BP garage. So much for price competition!

Back