How much?!

dan_b

A2OC Donor
Bought a tank load of BP Ultimate Diesel the other night - my usual Sainsbury's fuel station was closed so I thought I'd give the BP jungle juice a go. Didn't notice until I was half way through filling (it was very late, I was tired, it was fairly dark in the filling station etc) that I was being charged 130p/Litre!

That is the most expensive fuel I've yet seen. Anyone else beaten that?

I'd better see/feel some performance and economy benefit over my usual fill of Sainsbury's for that price - that's an 11p/litre price premium!

I think filling up at the pumps at Snetterton track was rather expensive ;-) Otherwise, if you find one near you, BP 102 octane should beat that!

Oh, and the stations at central London, baker street, sloane sq, chelsea, basewater where I used to fill up my moped without regard should beat that. But that goes without saying ;-p

I think my local Bp are charging that for ultimate. It is only getting worse.

They were saying on the radio today that within 10 years the easyer oil reservs will be depleated. So oil is going to get a lot harder to find and not in such volumes.
I better get cracking on the development of my personal teliportation machine lol.

Cheers

David

Sorry to disappoint but I think you have wasted your money! Mind you I wasted mine once on BP U. See my fuel thread below and the period when I tried BP U (U=unbeliveable waste of money!)

At least you didn't fill the A2 with petrol - I did that once when I was knackered on a Friday evening after a hard week :(

Today I filled up at a bp station out of town cost me 140.9 per litre. If had not been so desperate I wouldn't have stopped,but due to yvonnes a2requiring a heater fan motor I lent her my a2 for her 2 hour journey to work yesterday. Knowing we had to get up early today to drop her car off at garage I filled her car up BUT SHE LEFT MY ONE EMPTY--- so at 5.30 am I needed fuel. Gggrrrrrr women!!

hahaha, I am sorry a2sumo, but in my youth, I did the same thing to my Mum and Dad but to be fair it was a bloody great Range Rover and I could hardly afford to fill it up as it was £60 to fill it up! God knows how much it would be these days. The joy of working for your Mum and Dad... having a cross father for alot of the time! :)

Yes, i was recently picking some friends up from the airport in there 5.0V8 Supercharged range rover sport and as i neared gatwick i realised the thing had no fuel in. It cost me £130 to fill up, it made me realise how much i love my a2 because the rangie would only do the same sort of range on that amount of fuel

Chris

Fuel Prices.

Hi all,
put similar thread up last week re LPG fuel prices, last week £0.74 pence per litre, yesterday up to £0.78 pence per litre, just a month ago it was £0.64 litre, only wish my pension would rise at same rate, all MPs are B-----DS ( 1st class),sorry all,just had to have my pennys worth,
Cheers ALAN.

Now those LPG prices are a real joke and not far off petrol prices eradicating the benefits of conversion. The stinking politicians used to advocate for LGP conversion by taxing the fuel lowly in comparisons to the 60% DUTY, and 20%VAT taken out of Petrol/Diesel prices.

I’m currently lumping Shell V Power diesel into my car at a rate of £1.40 a litre, up from £1.18 a litre as recently as August 2010. I would go back to standard stuff but at £1.30 in some stations what's the fricking point ?? i wouldn't mind but it cost me £6 a day to jump on the tube to work for 4 stops each way. FOUR STOPS :mad:

I filled up today with regular Shell unleaded. Usually I go for V-power, but at 135p I thought the 127p of the regular was better - although it is not as good at giving high MPG, despite the recent fuel saving improvements!

I think my next top up will be the V-Power, unless it has gone up again.

^^^
Similar here; I'm happy with 7p more for V-Power but after that I start using the odd tank of normal.
I also tend to use normal stuff if I'm doing a long motorway journey in the petrol A2, to my thinking it's the easiest travelling for the car to do and getting it warmed right through for a long period will do as much good as the added cleaners. In a diesel I'd stick with the V-Power because it's always quieter on that :cool:

v power

A while ago, there was a special about this subject on special fuels on dutch tv.
What I remember is that it was a waste of money according to pros. One fuelstation manager
admitted that V-power was regular fuel with one tiny bottle with additives added to 10000 liters normal fuel..:eek: Speaking of dilution!
Still, there is the placebo effect, placebo's seem to work even when patients know it's a placebo.
Tell your car it's gettin wonderfuel and it will fly :D
Cheers and placeboo, Gumbold

I've read in multiple magazine tests that, in general, unless the car's ECU is designed to run on high octane fuel you get little or no benefit.

I've tried the A2 on normal and premium diesel and it made not a jot of noticable difference to MPG or performance. My Volvo T5 on the other hand, which is designed to run on premium unleaded, suffers noticable performance degradation with 95RON although the MPG remains relatively constant.

I wouldn't bother putting anything other than standard diesel in our A2.

To those who doubt the Shell V Power - I also have a Honda Fireblade, if I put regular in, on a depower from high revs, I notice the bike is no where near as controllable, I say this because I am normally on the brakes on a depower, and going through the gears, On the acceleration the Fireblade is always lightening quick, but with V-power its def smoother and the throttle is more responsive.

So on a High Reeving Super bike, it makes a difference and I am pretty sure it does in an A2.

Which ever TV talks rubbish about v-power must have forgotten about things you can actually measure. Put the same car on a dyno, v-power (or any high-octane petrol) vs normal stuff, you can measure the difference. Which? - the independent magazine also did the test, not only have they found bhp difference, chemically, the octane level was proved to be accurate as advertised. On the 1.4 petrol A2, v-power has a major difference in engine responsiveness. Torque is ever so slightly better as there is a stretch of incline road that I always drive through shows, normal stuff I have to use 3rd, v-power I can just about make it through in 4th. The same test also measured Shell regular 95 being higher power, that is more obvious in my old 50cc Vespa. Independently, I lent it to 2 friends, they all asked why it feels better if they filled up with Shell. I couldn't agree more. I also constantly get better MPG from v-power. It is most definitely worth the extra IMO.

Back