How to change Anti roll bar / stabilizer / drop link bar under 10 min

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the videos.

1. Please, please get yourself some traffic cones to give yourself some measure of protection/warning with regard to passing traffic.

2. Do you own a torque wrench?

Andy

1. Please, please get yourself some traffic cones to give yourself some measure of protection/warning with regard to passing traffic.

Andy

There’s the warning triangle in the emergency kit.

I tend to work in even more dubious conditions at the roadside. In the dark. And the rain. Only one headphone and a hair trigger for leaping sideways required at all times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy
:D:D:D:D ive been doing it on the street since i came here 15 years ago its fine, and i dont own a torque wrench, but its on the list one day to own one :)

So having done this a few times and again at the weekend, what I will say is that it doesn't take 10 mins if the droplinks are knackered as the nut just spins the thread and you end up having to fight molegrips onto the other side of the bolt etc.

So having done this a few times and again at the weekend, what I will say is that it doesn't take 10 mins if the droplinks are knackered as the nut just spins the thread and you end up having to fight molegrips onto the other side of the bolt etc.
there is a flat bit for your spanner to put on the other side of the bolt to hold it and stop spinning, i had an impact so did not need to, although i was fighting the top bolt a little bit,
InkedRBM100223HD__35589.1507652251_LI.jpg
but just because i didnt soaked it in WD40 first :)

I'm not sure that all have that, the ones I was doing had an allen socket on the end of the bolt, but that is virtually useless when the nut is FT. And of couse the bottom one you can only get a ring spanner on as it's too close to the wheel arch liner/undertray ....

I'm not sure that all have that, the ones I was doing had an allen socket on the end of the bolt, but that is virtually useless when the nut is FT. And of couse the bottom one you can only get a ring spanner on as it's too close to the wheel arch liner/undertray ....
yes you are right some have allen key at the front, i feel your pain bro :(

droplink failure: clong with a turned steering wheel over a kerb / drop in the road. If it's happening when the wheel is straight, it's probably not the droplinks.

- Bret

Original German is "Koppelstange". "Strut / Rod" is a poor translation; the original Audi translation is 'coupling rod'. Droplinks added in means that the thread should now be easier to find, also because it's the term that's generally used here, and I'm not convinced it's slang, just as lower control arm and wishbone generally refer to the same thing.

- Bret

Original German is "Koppelstange". "Strut / Rod" is a poor translation; the original Audi translation is 'coupling rod'. Droplinks added in means that the thread should now be easier to find, also because it's the term that's generally used here, and I'm not convinced it's slang, just as lower control arm and wishbone generally refer to the same thing.

- Bret
Kopel shtange ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back