How to cut edges rns-e unit for 2din?

dvdk

Hi guys...
I am going to modify RNS-E unit and air condition control panel to fit my double din cage. What is the best way to do this? Is there any sugested tool or cutting method? :) Should i use normal saw and then finish it with excentric grinder?
I am not too much affraid of climate control pannel, it is only about corners modifications, but rns-e unit is tricky part. long straignt edges.
thanks for any tips

Different unit but I used a dremel

Hacksaw it close to what you want and then a hand plane to finish the edges, 10 years of trimming RNS-E's using this method has never failed me.

Reactions: fbi
Hacksaw (junior) is perfectly ok for cutting RNS-E faceplates, never had any complaints from the many conversion I've completed for A3 8L, A2 and A3 8P/A4 aircon panels. Always cut to about 1mm close to the edge and finish with a handplane to give that nice sharp edge.

Hacksaw and then fine wet and dry sand paper is how I done mine ,just take your time.

This is how I’ve reduced the size of 2 RNS-E units now.

Cutting (junior hacksaw blade) close to the rectangular shape which inserts into the dashboard aperture then wet and dry starting with 400 grit progressing up to 1200 grit.

Start to finish is about half hours work and it will looks fantastic.

Don’t forget about the anti glare coating on the screen. If it’s worn in areas it might be worth removing all of it. There are specific products for this but I find toothpaste on a soft cloth removed it perfectly without causing any damage what so ever.

Kind regards,

Tom

what type of RNS-E gone use? any model ?
Try this for background...

Andy

Back