How to find part no. anno 2021?

hdlo

Hello fellow A2 owners!

How do you guys find part numbers these days? Vagcat has been down for years and I find it is compounding the struggle to maintaining my VAG cars. There have been several copy-cats that have been shut down. The best I can find is 7zap.com, but this catalogue doesn't allow me to choose the year model when browsing part diagrams for my A2. This creates a lot of uncertainty when ordering parts online..

Cheers

Hello fellow A2 owners!

How do you guys find part numbers these days? Vagcat has been down for years and I find it is compounding the struggle to maintaining my VAG cars. There have been several copy-cats that have been shut down. The best I can find is 7zap.com, but this catalogue doesn't allow me to choose the year model when browsing part diagrams for my A2. This creates a lot of uncertainty when ordering parts online..

Cheers
Also worth noting that when there are transitions between a part that was fitted early and late (for instance, suspension arm changes from cast to pressed), the diagrams show both parts options, with the car build number up to / from after options cited. It is more important to look at the chassis number. "Year" can itself sometimes be a bit deceptive - for instance, I have had conversations here about AUA cars being registered chronologically after a BBY-engined car and the same with AMF vs BHC, where the chassis numbers work out, but the reg plate they are registered on is out of sync due to foibles in the supply chain (and presumably things like LHD / RHD, OSS vs non-OSS in production line batches etc.).

I have a copy of ETKA that I use and it is very reliable. If any part numbers that I find have changed over the years since, the local Audi dealer always lets me know.
Could send you out a copy if you wanted one.

Always found vag part numbers to be a headache and vag cat was superb! Remember wanting a rad hose o ring seal for a 1998 B5 passat, dealer/tps said i would need to buy complete hose. A bit of investigating a found a golf o ring part number, used that and got em for about £0.80p and same with metal horse shoe clip that retains hose and common to corrode!

My A2 has the wrong water pump according to VIN number, still confused with that one tbh!

I have a copy of ETKA that I use and it is very reliable. If any part numbers that I find have changed over the years since, the local Audi dealer always lets me know.
Could send you out a copy if you wanted one.
Thanks for the kind offer.
I already have ETKA with updates to 2015.
Drawback is I have to 'backdate' the computer clock to open it. Have tried a few things to override it but nothing has worked

Cheers Spike

Back