Hydraulic Lifter Treatment (wyns)

Had our A2 for a little while now and when I bought it thought the engine was a little tappity. I posted this on here and you guys said that lot of the A2s sound like this and was more then not it is the lifters, if the car was running fine and not getting any louder its nothing really to worry about.

I have bought some STP oil treatment to try (have not put it in yet) but I have just come across this product from Wyns.

Wynn's Hydraulic Valve Lifter 350ml from Halfords, the reviews seem good.

Just wonder if any other A2 owners have tried either of the two products (or would you use) and what results you have had.

Thanks in advance.

Marcel-Anthony

Hi Marcel-Anthony,

I put this (Wynns HVL) in mine about 200 miles ago.... engine definitely a lot quieter at tickover (AUA 1.4 16v petrol). I used as i suspected an intemittent misfire was due to a sticky valve.... so far so good. I also put some injector cleaner (Wynns again) in the fuel, this has smoothed out the tickover noticeably.

Give it a go and see how it goes.... my work colleagues who are experts in engine lubricants assure me they do work and are not detrimental to the engine.

Regards,

Simon.

Thanks Simon,

I think I will try the wyns hvl first, before I try the Stp oil treatmeant that I have already bought. Will have to wait until the weekend now but will post the findings.

Again, Thank you.

Marcel-Anthony

Back