I know it’s not on our A2 but please

66Beetle

A2OC Donor
I know it’s not on our A2 but please does anyone know how to replace the Repeater Indicator Lamp / LED whatever it is in the Drivers Door Mirror of a 2017 A6 Avant ( Black Edition if that’s relevant ) ? Warning came on today Right Side Indicator. Front and Rear are working OK. Just the one in the Door Mirror is not.

Our 2003 Azure Blue A2 1.4 SE Petrol is still fine by the way.

Thank you,

Steve

Last edited:
Here is a youtube clip showing how it is done. Must have been doing it on someone else's car at night not to get caught.:rolleyes:

Perhaps if you obtain a replacement repeater first you may see exactly how it locates into the housing.

Glad the A2 is fine also.

Last edited:
Here is a youtube clip showing how it is done. Must have been doing it on someone else's car at night not to get caught.:rolleyes:

Perhaps if you obtain a replacement repeater first you may see exactly how it locates into the housing.

Glad the A2 is fine also.
Thank you. Having watched that I think it will be best to get Harpers Cumbria to fix it !

Our A2 had a New Clutch fitted by WOM Automotive in May or June last year. When it came to MOT time it Passed but the Handbrake was better on one side than the other. Wasn’t quite due a Service but took it to Harpers to sort the Rear Brakes and had them Service it anyway. Harpers found a bad connection on the Power Steering Pump and fixed it. The Power Steering Warning Lamp had been behaving most of the time, until yesterday when the weather was very Hot. It kept coming on when Starting but went away by turning the Ignition Off and Starting again. I suppose we know Electrical Resistance is affected by Temperature, so maybe that’s what it is ?

The only scary part is the pulling on the mirror to pop it off the knuckles that mount it. Big boy trousers and apply firm pull where indicated.

Back