Indicator switch £80 !! HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lindsayandglen

We have a 2000 1.4 A2.

The indicator stopped working, it started to blink slowly over the course of a week then would blink intermirantly now not at all.

Our local dealer looked at it and said it's the switch (the timing switch thing that makes it blink).

I was thinking in the region of £20 and nearly fell over when they said £80 (I am presuning this is for the part and installation).

Surely this sort of thing shouldn't fail. We have a 1990 Citroen which is still using its original indicator switch!!

Can anyone help!? :-(

Thanks

Might be worth finding out how much the part is and whether it is a job you could do yourself since we all know audi Labour is not on the cheap side .

Or enquire at another member of the VAG-maybe a SEAT dealership will do the work with the same part for cheaper.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

I think you will find that it is the indicator relay not the switch. You allude to as much in your post. If it is then the part is cheap ish plug it in yourself. Slowing down indicator etc is the relay .

Yes, it is the relay. The part costs £20, labour is £50.

Is it easy to fit the relay? The dealer told me it takes .7 of an hour (approx 50 mins) to fit.

If anyone knows how to fit this I will deffo have a go!

Thanks very much everyone.

Cheers
glen.

Should just plug in, difficult bit will be be finding it as it may be behind the dash. Try putting the indicator on and listening for the clicks.

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control for SWMBO, Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 iCDTi for me.

Sounds like I may as well pay the £60, knowing my luck nothing would end up working :-(

Mine went a couple of months ago. I called Roadside assistance who didn't have the part on board, but fitted another relay from an A4 to get me going. It is behind the radio, I have a symphony and it was really difficult for the guy to do, a real fiddle, as you cannot actually see what you are doing. When another guy came out to fit the relay a day or so later, he took the radio out. This made his job easier, but in the process, the radio threw a wobbler and resulted in the cd player not working and me having to get a new one! It was full with 6 CD's, which at this very moment some German technician at Panasonic will be listening to!!! Will take 3 months for my CD's to be returned!!! How will I cope without Elvis?!?!?!

My advice? Call Audi Assist if you can, if not, I know £80 (try a sharp intake of breath, shaking of your head or crying, can help with the price) is a bit steep but it is cheaper than a new radio!

Fi

2002 TDi Sport Cobalt Blue, winter pack, leather, rew

Walking? Dont be silly - space hopper obviously.

Fi

2002 TDi Sport Cobalt Blue, winter pack, leather, rew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back