Information collection for audio system guide

ding-dong

Hello,
I would like to gather all necessary data about all factory standard radio configurations in order to write a concise guide that facilitates modifications of the audio system, e.g. install better speakers or aftermarket radios. The guide should be structured as follows:
  1. Overview of all factory standard radio configurations (All combinations of radios, speakers, preamps and antennas).
  2. Find out which configuration is built-in (How to interpret interior codes and connection diagrams).
  3. Evaluation of all replacement options for the built-in parts, e.g. CAN bus adapter vs ignition plus & steady plus wiring vs pure
    steady plus wiring.
I think that a peer-reviewed guide would be useful, because the information about radio installation is very scattered, often contradictory and sometimes even wrong. However, if you know what to buy and what to do, it is relatively easy to install a new radio or new speakers.

Key thing I found recently is that anything sold... wiring harness, facia adaptors, speaker adaptors... are just generic Audi of that era and don't actually fit the A2!!!
The connect2 facia adaptors and wiring harness both need modifying to work.

Good Afternoon,

Tom(Timmus) is very knowledgeable in this area and writes excellent posts. A good starting point for gathering the information for your guide is to forum search with keyword 'generation' and member 'Timmus'.

Andy

Afternoon,

Andrew’s post above is spot on. Whilst you wait for Tom’s @timmus posts to fill your gaps in knowledge, a member who joined us only last year started to put together similar to what you’re seeking to publish. @mars might be along to further assist but here’s the thread that he started in January. Although incomplete, it’s a good framework to build upon.

Maybe something you both could work on together to create the definitive infotainment thread?

Kind regards,

Tom

Evening Herx,

Great find Sir. I didn’t know the linked thread exists. @ding-dong, what further information do you now require to pull everything to just one thread.

Kind regards,

Tom

Back