Instrument cluster display replacement

3dB

Is any of You gone for Instrument cluster FIS display replacement (NOT ColorMFA)? I know it's doable for A3, A4, A6, get an Ebay display and go solder in, but for A2, is the display the same as for A3, A4, A6?

I did this on a mk4 golf, for the golf you have to replace the whole cluster and then program it to the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I already got car, that has FIS display cluster. But after driving a while, top part seems to fade away. I want to do a display only replacement, not whole cluster replacement.

Tried PM Timmus about some other question regarding rear window lifters, still no reply. So I suppose either guy is too busy or just don't want to share information, that could hurt his buisness. In any case, that is understandable.

As for getting it done by Timmus, I'm not in UK, I'm in Latvia, so thats not an option.

Ah, yes, I know Timmus is "offgrid" at the moment as he's really busy rebuilding his house, and he is often inundated with requests for information so it can take a while to get hold of him. He's normally helpful with information, so give him time :)

If you're wanting to find out what's involved, have you checked youtube. Not A2 specific but here's an example -

Cheers Spike

Back