Instrument cluster display retrofit!!

Hello guys.
Hope you are doing well.
I have a half screen display on my A2 2001 1.4 tdi. Just found this full display on Aliexpress. If anyone knows if it can be fitted to my small DIS and make it big please let me know.

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk
Afternoon,

I have no knowledge of how to change the Half DIS display screen to a Full DIS display screen. This would be something that I would be asking Tom @timmus to do.

What I do know though, is that simply changing the screen will not give you Full DIS display/function. There are additional wires that require adding to the Instrument Cluster for the information to be collated and displayed.

Again this is a job for Tom @timmus.

Hopefully Tom is along soon to explain what service is possible/available to you.

Kind regards,

Tom

This thread gives a good overview of the features of DIS. The upgrade requires a replacement instrument cluster. You cannot upgrade a basic instrument cluster to DIS by installing a larger screen.

Cheers,

Tom

This thread gives a good overview of the features of DIS. The upgrade requires a replacement instrument cluster. You cannot upgrade a basic instrument cluster to DIS by installing a larger screen.

Cheers,

Tom
Thanks for suggesting.
Where can I find such IC?

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

did you check out the colour-DIS thread and / or the mini-display off of an Android Mega over on the German forum?

google "arduino mega fis audi a2". Color DIS details are all in this forum, but the Mega is way simpler in terms of integration.

Back