Instrument Illumination

Status
Not open for further replies.

maersk

2002 models appear to have permanently 'on' instrument illumination, whereas the 'original models don't.
Can all you recent aquire (ers) of a2 confirm or deny this?
[8D]

icon_smile_cool.gif

The red 'pointers' (or hands or whatever they're called) are always on, but the backlights are only illuminated when you have the lights on.

Agree-my 2002 has red needles, but full illumination happens only when lights are switched on. Shame, the light blue looks nice[8D]

My Leon had full illumination at all times-very confusing to start with as you thought you had lights on all the time-but soon got used to it and it was a very useful feature in pratice.

Steve - 1.4SE petrol, 2002, Silver

my backing light aren't permanetelly on, but when you pass through a tunel or at dusk the needles automatically illuminate!

A2 1.6fsi sport climate cd amulet red

True,

I've mentioned this before. The handles of the instruments of the 2002 models are permanently lit. Looks very nice !!

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

Owned my A2 for almost a year now, and can honestly say I have never noticed this!! [:I] I'll take a look tomorrow.

Kaine

De Held,
no insult intended but does 'the handles of my instrumrnts' mean the needles or the whole pack?

icon_smile_cool.gif

i can confirm my may 2002 1.4 has illuminated needles at all times...v nice.

A2 1.4 Petrol
2002 Model
Exterior : Brilliant Black
Interior : Black/Black Cloth

quote:Originally posted by maersk
[br]De Held,
no insult intended but does 'the handles of my instrumrnts' mean the needles or the whole pack?

icon_smile_cool.gif

Sorry for my English, I ment the needles. Only the needles are lit !

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

maersk-that is a very personal question indeed!. Please control yourself:D

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

Maersk,

Offtopic, I know, but I seem to miss something (or at least my browser does): I cannot see the image under your posts. I only get the known white rectangle with the red X in it. Being curious as I am, I'd like to know what it means to be. And please let me know what kind of filetype it is, so I can install the right software. Hate to miss anything.... Thanks in advantage.

JanF

2001 1.4 Petrol Exclusive
Cobalt Blue Metallic

I thought it was a self-potrait;)

I'm sure maersk is never 'cross':D

I can confirm that A2s from 2000 were indeed built in the 'dark' ages. Our needles only light up when its dark outside (e.g. when you put your lights on).

Next they'll be going all Swedish on us and sticking the sidelights on all the time...

I too think the dash illumination looks very nice at night - shame there so few dials to light up (no oil temp/pressure)

I think Maersk is trying to post a cool picture with every post?

Checked my dials. To be honest, my needles may light. Still cannot tell to be sure.

Kaine

Cool, cool?
Cool is why mty som needs new sneakers etc. etc.
The interesting 'square' below the post id because the personalised end to my (illuminated needles) post has been lunched by the server!

icon_smile_cool.gif

Mega off topic but I have tried some new lights for my mountain bike today. Metal halide discharge lamps similar to 7 series bmw. Awesome. My bike lights are now better than my admittedly superb A2 lights!
Join us on the moors in the dark and wet....luvverly!

icon_smile_cool.gif

quote:Originally posted by Kaine
[br]I think Maersk is trying to post a cool picture with every post?

Checked my dials. To be honest, my needles may light. Still cannot tell to be sure.

If they are lit, you would have noticed it bu now. Especially when you turn on the iginiton early in the morning or when you enter a tunnel with the lights off.

They're quite brightly lit.

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

That's the trouble these days-people will insist of driving around with their eyes shut.....they are just not aware of their dashboard features......;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back