Interior Lights Suddenly Stopped Working

Alemilli03

Hello fellow a2 owners, yesterday i was replacing the interior boot light bulb since it stopped working a few days ago, and since the new LED bulb is significantly bigger i had to try multiple times to make it fit properly, unfortunately at one point all the interior lights turned off and stopped working,
What could have caused this?

I checked fuse n.42 and is Ok

Any help will be appreciated

UPDATE: the a/c controls aren't working so it might be the cccu

Last edited:
Can't be sure about your case, but on my A8 when meddling with trunk lights i managed to short them and blew some tracks inside module that controls lights.

It maybe as simple as a fuse blown due to a short circuit when forcing a larger bulb in, check fuses.

Have you been caught out simply by the time out feature? This is there to stop you flattening the battery by leaving a door or hatch open. After a pre determined time the power to that light is cut off. Simply closing the door / hatch will reset the timer.

It maybe as simple as a fuse blown due to a short circuit when forcing a larger bulb in, check fuses.
Thank you for the advice, i checked every single fuse and number 36 was blown, everything is now working great!

Reactions: Ami
Back