Interior Misting - cause and solution?

A2 D2

Hi all,

The A2 is misting in the interior and I cannot find an obvious cause. There is no sunroof - could it be scuttles elsewhere?

I'm assuming that you keep your climate control set to auto. Is there any obvious loss of performance from the climate control when you set it to either 'lo' or 'hi'?

Check the boot, vents behind the bumper are know to leak. Do you have OSS? Have you checked the bonnet drains? Common problem for me at this time of year in beautiful (though nearly constantly damp) Scotland. I keep a demisting bag in the car, I also use rubber mats and remove the water that collects.

Hi all,

The A2 is misting in the interior and I cannot find an obvious cause. There is no sunroof - could it be scuttles elsewhere?
Another problem can be storing bottles of water etc inside the car, I used to carry spare washer fluid in side the car but as soon as outside air temp drops problems start to occur with misting etc.

What's the ambient temperature? Don't forget that A/C turns off below about 5deg C.

RAB

Heating stuck on recirculating ?
I have had the flap stick on two a2's at on occassions but they both fixed themselves in the end :)

Worth checking that your heater matrix behind the dash is not leaking coolant - have you noticed if the engine expansion tank is low ? Good luck.

Is second the G263 sensor. You can check with OBD scan.

Mine would mist up even with a warm engine so I had to manually put it on defog periodically every journey.

Sensor replaced and no more issues. Even when I had the cloth seats washed and they were left soaking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi RAB,

Mine appeared to be working fine with the faulty sensor - still got pretty cold. It just misted.

I was told the system would run in a limited mode as it wasn’t able to effectively counter moisture content.

I don't see how there can be any control if the G263 fails. When mine failed, the A/C certainly didn't work.

RAB

I don't see how there can be any control if the G263 fails. When mine failed, the A/C certainly didn't work.

RAB

Sorry RAB - no idea. The fault code for the sensor had been there for a while I think and everything seemed to run okay - apart from misting. I’m sure Cheechy had a similar issue...

This is what happens when the G263 fails:

So, you'll have A/C but not for long, especially when the ambient temperature is low.

RAB

This is what happens when the G263 fails:

So, you'll have A/C but not for long, especially when the ambient temperature is low.

RAB
The aircon doesn't actually stop working, in your example, just airflow stops 'cos of ice in the Evap, so it seems to stop working, I think.
I guess under some failure modes, the Climatronic will close the N280 valve, then the Evap will allow airflow, but not provide cooling.
Mac.

Back