Interior trim colour codes

glock17

I'm planning to replace the front plastic bit under the handbrake with the front storage tray. It is Soul Black as '6PS' is listed on the little oddments tray.
Nowhere in the codes for my car is 6PS or 4PK listed, though I'm sure it is soul black.
I'm also planning to put in the Passat sunglasses holder in place of the driver's grab handle. The colour does look somewhere between grey and beige, I'd say it was the grey.
Does anyone know the codes or colours for the grab handles?

Cheers

glock17

Hi 6 PS is the stadard plastics identification number for recycling purposes, 1 or PET = Polyethylene terephthalate, 2 or HDPE = High density polyethylene, 3 or PVC = Polyvinyl chloride, 4 or LDPE = Low density polyethylene, 5 or PP = Polypropylene, 6 or PS = Polystyrene, 7 other = Polycarbonate, acrylic, mixed/multi-layer plastic. It has to be put on each plastic component to meet the ELV End of Life Vehicle recycling agreement and had nothing to do with Audi.

lyndonbuck said:
Hi 6 PS is the stadard plastics identification number for recycling purposes, 1 or PET = Polyethylene terephthalate, 2 or HDPE = High density polyethylene, 3 or PVC = Polyvinyl chloride, 4 or LDPE = Low density polyethylene, 5 or PP = Polypropylene, 6 or PS = Polystyrene, 7 other = Polycarbonate, acrylic, mixed/multi-layer plastic. It has to be put on each plastic component to meet the ELV End of Life Vehicle recycling agreement and had nothing to do with Audi.
Wrong again - 6PS IS the colour code for the oddment tray. Take a look at the parts catalogue for further details.

As for the grab handles, 4PK is Sould Black, 1RS is Twist (beige) and E59 is platinum (grey).

Cheers,

Mike

PS, get the stowage tray from VagParts.com - it's about 50% of the dealer price!

lyndonbuck said:
So Audi don't abide by the EU regulations then?
They almost certainly do, being a German company, but your statement that 6PS is a product material ID code and not a colour code, is totally incorrect.

I reiterate, in the example Glock cites, 6PS refers to 'Soul Black' - a colour code.

Cheers,

Mike

Bit silly then if they choose a colour code that corresponds to an EU plastics designation. When the car bits go for recycling they will end up in the PS bin, instead of ABS or whatever it is. Sorry if I got it wrong, I have never looked at the bottom of the plastic bits in my car, but to say I am "wrong again" isn't really helpful Mike. I was simply trying to help, as we all are on here, so sorry if I didn't help in this case. This is the Audi A2 forum, not "Ask Mike", and I'm sure we're all doing our best to add to the discussion on here.

Thanks guys, any and all responses are a help.

It'll be my second tray from Vagparts as I stupidly didn't think to look at the drop down box and got sent the default grey colour.

It's been a while since I got it so I don't think re-stocking would be an option.
Expect it to appear for sale shortly with the funds going towards the Pink Panzer chipping fund!

On a seperate note; an old friend was over from London recently and took some pics of the Panzer, will post to gallery shortly.

Thanks again

Regards

glock17

lyndonbuck said:
I was simply trying to help, as we all are on here, so sorry if I didn't help in this case. This is the Audi A2 forum, not "Ask Mike", and I'm sure we're all doing our best to add to the discussion on here.
Quite right and I completely agree, however, to postulate something as a fact, when it isn't doesn't really help in the long run.

I only said wrong again because of all the semi regulars and regulars here, you do seem to corner the market in irreverent and irrelevant posts.

No offence meant either.

Cheers,

Mike

Simply look at the parts like the door panel from the back side. You will see, these parts will be correctly recycled as the EU plastics designation says. There are large triangles with: "PE" or "ABS" and so on on the parts itselfe, not on a sticker!!!

But the color code: "6PS" is only on a sticker! (white sticker with Audi parts-number on it).
I am German and have seen some parts as well;)

Last edited:
Part numbers for 'beige' interior trim

Is there a list of interior colour codes and part numbers anywhere? I have been searching (here and elsewhere) for some time and come up blank.

I am looking at ordering some replacement items from LRP in Germany, but it all seems thoroughly confused as to what colour is what. They have stuff with part numbers ending in 89C, some of which look beige but others look decidedly grey despite being labelled as beige (at least according to Google Translator). Others that also look beige have an 82R suffix on the part number. They even have a very definitely beige item with a 44H suffix but looking at other 44H items, I'm pretty sure that is actually 'soul black'. But the earlier comments in this thread seem to suggest that 6PS is the number for soul black?!? :confused:

According to the Audi spec sheet for my car (as acquired by putting the VIN into the erWin website), the interior is colour code 'YC' with a description of 'light beige/dark beige-light beige/lightbeige'. However, I've never seen any part numbers anywhere with a 'YC' suffix. So I'm guessing the colour code and the part numbers are entirely different things.

When I asked LRP themselves, they just said: here is a photo, a part number and now it is your responsibility. It doesn't help that their photos are massively variable in colour balance. Some items have multiple photos where one looks almost yellow and the next is plain grey!

Does the sunglasses holder fit in the a2, i thought it didnt because it has special grab handles that are a custom size, can someone confirm that they do fit?

Chris

Soul = schwarz = 4PK / 2WA / NFB / 44H / ...
Swing = dunkelgrau = JSW / JSY / 85D / 88B / ...
Platin = hellgrau = 57N / E59 / NFC / ...
Twist = beige = 76P / 1RS / JSX / 89C / ...

Beim Ladeboden gibts folgende Teile:

Teilenummer: 8Z0 858 875
verbaut von 06/00 - 06/01 in den Farben swing/88B und Twist/89C

Teilenummer: 8Z0 858 875 A
in soul/44H verbaut von 07/01 - 08/05
in Platin/5K2 verbaut von 07/01 - 10/03
in Twist/89C verbaut von 07/01 - 10/03
in Twist von 06/00 - 10/03 = 82R
in Soul von 07/01 - 08/05 = 94H

Cheers for that. It looks a lot more complicated than I first thought! I guess all the different codes for the same colour are because one is for fabric items, one for plastic, one for leather, etc.?

One is plastic,
one is soft paint covered plastic,
one is drapery (headliner),
one is for felt,
any more questions?

And we don't have the color codes (e.g. 5H5H, 5F5F) for the leather seat covers in the list above...

Hi folks,

To save starting a new thread, I'm reviving this one.

Are the door cards in this car - http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3982541.htm - the same as the door cards in a Platinum interior, or are they different? Are these more creamy than grey, or do Twist and Platinum share some interior colours?

Cheers,

Tom

So is that Twist on top, platinum everywere else??

Platinum and Twist doesn't describe individual colours, it describes the total interior colour combination. Some parts are common to many interiors; Soul Black and Platinum, for instance, both have a black dash. I was hoping Twist and Platinum shared the same door card colour, but alas I think they're different.

Tom

Back