Ipod adaptor fitting.

Lambytone

I purchased the V/W 1k0 051 444 ipod fitting kit from one of the members on here over the new year. I've got a symphony unit fitted in the car with the 6cd changer built in. I have only just managed to get the unit out to look at it. I'm confused. The fitting instructions aren't very clear. The unit comes with 2 looms but I'm not sure how it fits. One loom definitely won't fit so I presume its the other loom. The wiring on the unit has 3 separate plugs one above each other and I think the loom goes into the top plug socket on the unit. But the adaptor loom has 3 coloured plugs yellow green and blue connected together with only wiring coming from the blue plug but the unit loom has one black plug taking up the space where I think the coloured plugs go. Do I have to remove the wiring terminals from the black plug on the unit and put them into the adaptor loom coloured plugs and then dispense with the original plug. Also there are 2 brown wires on the adaptor loom, one has a terminal and the other a black plug/ block, where do they go? If this is the case with putting the wires into the adaptor plug then I have borrowed some terminal tools already. I just need some clarity before proceeding. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20210312_134323.jpg
    20210312_134323.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 170
  • 20210312_134403.jpg
    20210312_134403.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 175
  • 20210312_134410.jpg
    20210312_134410.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 176
Ok looks like I've found the answer myself. I need to get a mini iso extension adaptor to plug the original plug into then remove the blue plug from that adaptor and join the blue plug from the ipod adaptor into the iso connector with the green and yellow to go into the socket on the symphony. But I still need to know what the 2 brown wires are for.

With a bit of poking around with a multi meter the 2 separate brown wires are connected together but terminate on the black plug of the adaptor harness that goes into the adaptor box. Will all brown wires on the car harness 3 plugs (if there are any) be connected along the way together?

Back