Is there a Thread on who has Owned their A2 the longest ?

66Beetle

A2OC Donor
Is there a Thread on who has owned their A2 for the longest time ? We bought our 2003 ( 53 ) in September / October 2004 as a 12 Month old / 9,000 Mile ex sales / demo from Blackburn Audi, so that’s just coming up to 16 Years of owning the same A2 !

Had mine since February 2005 when it was 8 months old and 8k miles. So that's 15.5 years; not quite as long as
66Beetle Was an Audi Swindon member of staff car I believe. Now at 90k. Has proved very economic and reliable (75 Tdi) and some people have said it looks like new and modern.

I think Steven Garrity mum's car is going to be hard to beat at 18.5 years.

Is there a Thread on who has owned their A2 for the longest time ? We bought our 2003 ( 53 ) in September / October 2004 as a 12 Month old / 9,000 Mile ex sales / demo from Blackburn Audi, so that’s just coming up to 16 Years of owning the same A2 !
We have had our 1.4 tdi Sport since 2002 , purchased from Lancaster Audi in liverpool, 210000 miles later and still going strong, same Engine / Gearbox / Clutch / Exhaust / Best car we have ever owned. There is simply nothing to beat them.

Does it count if now passed onto our son? Bought new in Spring 2001, silver 75hp tdi SE with OSS funded from Sun Life of Canada shares that came with demutualisation that we voted against! Going strong but next year will hit diesel ban in London so future now uncertain - the other 3 A2s in the family not been around quite as long.

Chris

Ours has been in the family since Sep 2007. Barbara's car to start with, then when we went to New Zealand in Jan 2010 it went to younger son, then briefly to older son in 2017, and then back to us when we returned to the UK in May 2017. From memory it was on 139,000 miles in 2007 and now on 259,000 miles.

What an encouraging thread, we're total newbies as we've only been using ours for 3 happy years, and yes we're going to get another one, either another 1.4 petrol or perhaps the diesel, just waiting for the right one to turn up.

Back