Jammed Rear Hatch

Axit

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
I cant open my rear hatch.
I can hear the mechanism working but it will not release and open.
I tried the back up pully, at the bottom of the rear glass, but the handle came off, so I*m now left with only the string witch is too short to pull.

It did stop opening before for a while, but it corrected it self.

Any idea`s

Thanks, John.,

I cant open my rear hatch.
I can hear the mechanism working but it will not release and open.
I tried the back up pully, at the bottom of the rear glass, but the handle came off, so I*m now left with only the string witch is too short to pull.

It did stop opening before for a while, but it corrected it self.

Any idea`s

Thanks, John.,
Hi John,
Have you tried the centre button on the remote key?
Regards
Keith

Top man, Keith, the key fob button opened it.

I owe you a pint,
Cheers John
Now find the procedure for removing the carpeted panel to get access to the mechanism I think @SteveA2 may have produced one.

you could try pressing the unlock button twice or pulling the drivers lever twice as part of the anti hi jacking feature is not to leave other doors unlocked !
Cheers
Keith

At present the mechanism working fine, its working as it should without the key.

So I`m going to leave it as that for the time being, even found the top of the back up puller, which I will now keep in the glove box,

for future failures, It seems one opening cured the gremlin.

Thanks again Keith

At present the mechanism working fine, its working as it should without the key.

So I`m going to leave it as that for the time being, even found the top of the back up puller, which I will now keep in the glove box,

for future failures, It seems one opening cured the gremlin.

Thanks again Keith
This has reminded me that I need to repair my snapped one, now where is my braided Pike trace wire?

As long as the braided pike wire is plastic coated you will probably be OK as long as is it stiff enough. Without the coating the wire can cut its way through the guides and jam. You could use a bicycle brake bowden cable of suitable length using the inner and outer parts.

Happy with my open hatch, I decided to do a tip run, putting a couple of old motorcycle batteries in the boot.
Got to the tip tried to open the hatch and it failed again, had to struggle lifting them over the back seat.
I`ve managed to get the hatch open with the key again, but when the rain stops, I`ll investigate further.
The back up pull, is jammed up, so that will have to be looked at too.

Happy Days, John.

Back