Jdd selector help

kraig22

A29EA082-2D40-4EE0-B27C-FF7E818D952F.jpeg
Hi again a2 ladies and gents . Need abit of advice on day three of the jdd swap . Ive read some folks use the jdd selector tower and trim the weight and some use the a2 selector tower . So i went with the a2 selector but i have an question the very bottom of the selector towers are different the jdd one has slots and the a2 one does not . It fit together fine but is it going to work ? Any info would be great cheers kraig

You could always swap the weight from your old tower to the new one?
The slots are in the section that fits into the lower housing within the gearbox, so probably just for better lubrication, as long as the diameter is the same then either assembly should work.
If in doubt try them both and test before connecting everything up.

Yes, you can use just the selector weight / lever, I used A2 one (6X0711051) from the EWQ onto the MAL gearbox.

Last edited:
Yes, you can use just the selector weight / lever, I used A2 one (6X0711051) from the EWQ onto the MAL gearbox.
You could always swap the weight from your old tower to the new one?
The slots are in the section that fits into the lower housing within the gearbox, so probably just for better lubrication, as long as the diameter is the same then either assembly should work.
If in doubt try them both and test before connecting everything up.
Thats great i took loads of pictures so will share a write up , with the gearboxside mount i used the a2 one with a spacer and a cut here and there . Drove up the road and all seems well. Thanks for the help guys

Reactions: neo
Back