Just a few questions

Sylvester

Hi, just a few questions I been meaning to ask.

1-At start when the fuel pump or some kind of self-check system, I assume, does it's thing and makes that noise for a few seconds, is it better to wait till stops or starting the car right away makes no difference?

2- The rubbery paint on the rear wing is peeling off in very thick layers, like 5+ newspaper pages thickness, any advice what paint or filler to use on it?

3-I've seen topics about aero mods and been looking for the ones that go before the front tyres, but can't find them for sale, any info about them?

4-I'm interested about a tad deeper exhaust tone, but I like the original as well, so as I don't wanna spend £££ on it, I came up with this partial-straight pipe idea. Connecting the v shape parts with a tube with either end of the arrows, I assume the size cut on the original size would be the biggest factor in sound change, so let's say about half cut diameter of the original pipe inner diameter and then connect them with a tube. Any suggestions what would it sound, as it would still be connected to the silencer as well as to like a "straight pipe"?
Screenshot_2020-03-31-20-07-37.png

5- I've got an opened Seafoam bottle from like 7 years back, wow I actually forgot it's been so long, can I still use it or better, should I use it on a 150k engine at all?

6- I've read topics about 1.4 petrol chiptuning cost £250~ adds around 15hp, any experience and where could I get that done in the Dorest area?

7- The water leaked in a few months ago as I noticed too late the oss wasn't closed properly, causing the soft textile roof lining to come loose by the c pillars. How can I put them back? Glue or something else?

Thanks for any advice.

4-I'm interested about a tad deeper exhaust tone, but I like the original as well, so as I don't wanna spend £££ on it, I came up with this partial-straight pipe idea. Connecting the v shape parts with a tube with either end of the arrows, I assume the size cut on the original size would be the biggest factor in sound change, so let's say about half cut diameter of the original pipe inner diameter and then connect them with a tube. Any suggestions what would it sound, as it would still be connected to the silencer as well as to like a "straight pipe"?

The sound of the 1.4 VAG petrol engine isn't deep, it is surprisingly high-pitched when you disconnect the exhaust. You'd quickly tire of the sound, and of course you'd risk failing your MOT.

6- I've read topics about 1.4 petrol chip tuning cost £250~ adds around 15hp, any experience and where could I get that done in the Dorest area?

Chip tuning on the petrol engines makes no appreciable difference to the power output, and no-one reputable will attempt the job without warning you of the likely outcome. Forget it.

I can see you've asked about your exhaust note before. You might want to reread the earlier responses:

Well that's surprising for sure, at least I learnt something new, I hope the rest of the questions will have a better outcome haha.

6. I took my 1.4 petrol to Stealth Racing recently for few jobs. Asked the same question but apparently any remap on petrols is fundamentally useless. This from a guy that does remamps for a living.

I can see you've asked about your exhaust note before. You might want to reread the earlier responses:
Actually I was thinking about that post as well, cheers.

Back